Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to disassemble the shifter on a 2012 mustang gt auto I wanna take my hill assist button out and put my nitrous button in its place, or know of any problems it might cause to remove hill assist

·
Registered
165 Posts
It's hill assist while you are driving going downhill u hit the button and it downshifts so u slow down its kinda useless when I had the auto I never used it. I only used it when I wanted it to hold gear a little longer without shifting

·
Registered
832 Posts
It's hill assist while you are driving going downhill u hit the button and it downshifts so u slow down its kinda useless when I had the auto I never used it. I only used it when I wanted it to hold gear a little longer without shifting
Ohh. I thought it was the kind of hill assist they have on manual cars (I think Subarus and Camaros have it).

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
Yeah it will hold your car in place for 2 seconds on the 13s.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Why not just use the wiring under the shifter for the switch wires? Clean and easy.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
Do you mean the overdrive button?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope there is a button on the side of the shifter they call hill assist. It downshifts the car or either holds it in gear if you use it.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
That guy has been at mustang week the past couple years. In all honesty, I think if you HAVE to have a trailer for your Stang, then that's an awesome way to do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts