Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of changing into my cobra bumper and was looking into installing my procharger intercooler.

I took both the tabs that hold the cooler off, now to extend the lines does do the two hoses pull off if i remove the two pinch clamps or should i cut them?

i figure before messing anything up i'd check.

thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bend it straight first, shove the IC up there then bend it around and put it where?

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Do you have the brackets that lower the I/C about an inch? If not go to the hardware store and get the intercooler to sit a bit lower so the inlet pipe goes under the P/S cooler lines. You're golden if the inlet touches the cooler lines while at the same time clears it. Bend the cooler in front of the intercooler using a breaker bar and just wedge it in between the foam bumper support and the intercooler. It should stay put. Then just bolt it to the intercooler.

This is what I did and had no trouble, and didn't have to fiddle with extending the lines.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope i don't have a bracket, just have the three tabs on the bottom of the I/C i thought they bolt back up to directly to radiator support and the front right tab was new location of p/s bolt.

what do i need to ask for or do u happen to have pic of what i need from hardware store. Is is just a U clip?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, so what i did was i bought some steel strips with aprx one inch between each hole and mounted it that way. i apparently effed up my radiator support one time at band camp, i think when i jumped a curb and it is a little bent in the center so the so things weren't lining up.

Did you remove the plastic fender shields on left/right side i/c seems to be hitting those.

and can anyone confirm that the two hoses are indeed low pressure hoses that mount to the cooling line. I am just gonna extend them as it looks like a mess.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks bud. (reps given)

the p/s lines are both low pressure right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts