Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a sct tuner with a 91 octane 3.73 gears and 17"in rims TUNE. should i mess with the spark, WOT air/fuel ratio,? or anything like that?? i check my axel ratio and it said stock? but my speedometer is fine but should i put it on 3.73 even though its on the 3.73 tune? what all can i do inside tha tuner to get all the performance i can get out of it?
Thanks Andy

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
messing with that without the proper experience will **** up a ride in a heart beat...i'll let the others chime in now

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Whoever did the tune gave you the best out of what you asked for.. As for spark I believe you would be fine going 1 or 2 degrees but not farther

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Don't play with any settings that you don't have experience with. Spark and WOT AFR are things you don't want to **** around with. You axle ratio says "stock" because you probably had Bama (I'm assuming you got your tuner from AM and are taking advantage of the free tunes) write your axle ratio into the tune. Your computer knows you have 3.73 gears. If you really want to, you can reflash the tune with the axle ratio set to 3.73 but nothing is going to change besides your tuner saying 3.73 instead of "stock." There's not really a whole lot for you to play with. Most of your settings are good to go already. If you want to make your tuner feel useful, go datalog a few drives and try to make sense of the numbers :dunno

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Don't play with any settings that you don't have experience with. Spark and WOT AFR are things you don't want to **** around with. You axle ratio says "stock" because you probably had Bama (I'm assuming you got your tuner from AM and are taking advantage of the free tunes) write your axle ratio into the tune. Your computer knows you have 3.73 gears. If you really want to, you can reflash the tune with the axle ratio set to 3.73 but nothing is going to change besides your tuner saying 3.73 instead of "stock." There's not really a whole lot for you to play with. Most of your settings are good to go already. If you want to make your tuner feel useful, go datalog a few drives and try to make sense of the numbers :dunno
Live link is your friend, Stunna. Its pretty cool what you can see using it... You cannot see your a/f ratio using it though. You would need to wire in a Wideband to do so

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
speaking of afr widebands, whats a good kit for a good price? also analog, i couldn't do digital, too ricer imo
I have the Innovate LC-1 with G5 gauge. It's a digitally controlled needle gauge and I can still connect it to my tuner to datalog my AFR through livelink. You might want to look a setup like that if you really want one.

If I recall correctly I paid ~125$ for it used but never installed.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I hate digital readout AFR gauges because they just don't match at all. A digital readout next to a bunch of needle gauges looks funky.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
It's only as ricer as big it is.. Lol mine is getting put on the steering column. I don't see that being ricer. Typically a ricer won't worry about his a/f ratio

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
I hate digital readout AFR gauges because they just don't match at all. A digital readout next to a bunch of needle gauges looks funky.
Totally, My gauges also match my eyeliner, eye shadow, and clothes depending on the day of the week:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Totally, My gauges also match my eyeliner, eye shadow, and clothes depending on the day of the week:shiftyeyes
You can't act like consistency doesn't matter to most people. How many people do you see on here with one rim that's a completely different style as the rest or two different styles of headlight on the same car? Why wouldn't you want your gauges to match eachother?

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
You can't act like consistency doesn't matter to most people. How many people do you see on here with one rim that's a completely different style as the rest or two different styles of headlight on the same car?
bad comparison to say the least lol

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
You can't act like consistency doesn't matter to most people. How many people do you see on here with one rim that's a completely different style as the rest or two different styles of headlight on the same car? Why wouldn't you want your gauges to match eachother?
bad comparison to say the least lol
I think horrible comparison would work better....

Anyway I'm going to email SCT and see if I can get my live wire to red analog instead of digital -_-

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
i dont want digital gauges when all the other ones are analog, and digital distracts me too much, several months ago i was driving a friend and i up to pa, his gps had a digital speedometer, i couldn't keep myself from watching it lol, even had posted speed limits.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
I would prefer digital gauges over anything. With analong, you can't tell the difference between 14.6 and 14.7.. You want to perfect stoiciometric ratio..

As for the tuner, the only things I would suggest changing are your tire rOtation and gear ratio (if they have been changed from factory equipment.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts

1 - 20 of 23 Posts