Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i got a 99 GT with flowmaster mufflers and a custom made catless H mid-pipe

its loud when u rev the engine i like the sound , but while idling its so so quite like it had the stock mufflers , i want it to sound loud even at idling , its also so quite when u move very slowly
is there any way to make it sound louder at idling , what should i install to hear the car idling from 10+ meters away ?:p

·
Registered
347 Posts
cams ftw. i just put some comp 270s in with flows and bbk x and headers and it is sweeet nasty loud at idle

·
Registered
400 Posts
o/r h or x pipe and a cam. or get a tuner and raise your idle rpms. ha but thats probably not a good idea

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know that cams will make tit louder , but i have seen louder mustangs with no cams ....
how much cams are for anyway ?

·
Achieving more N/A power!
3,156 Posts
i know that cams will make tit louder , but i have seen louder mustangs with no cams ....
how much cams are for anyway ?
Depends on what brand and what kind of cams you get... but they definitely make a Mustang sound a lot meaner with a deeper growl.

·
Registered
468 Posts
the ones loud at idle have straight thru mufflers like slp lm1's or something similar...but besides that, anything that will increase the volume of exhaust flow will make it louder...heads,cam,etc....superchargers only make the exhaust louder under boost, not at idle...cams are about 600 for the pair

·
Achieving more N/A power!
3,156 Posts
The less restrictive your exhaust is, obviously the louder it's going to be. But, say you completely remove your exhaust except for the headers, essentially having dumps. I don't think you would want that kind of sound, at least not all the time. I installed e-cutouts on mine, so I can have it really loud only when I want it to be, plus I can control the opening and closing of the exhaust from the inside of my car with a simple switch.

As far as keeping the exhaust that you already have and getting a louder idling sound, cams are definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
any good brand cams? and what is the cheapest and good i can get ?
would installing header will make adifrence?

·
Registered
360 Posts
like lil marc said...fo sho!!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
i dont know how loud the flowmaster mufflers are but i have magnapacks and they sound good at idle
flows are some of the quietest around...

(I know I'm gonna get beamed for that...):tomato

1 - 20 of 35 Posts