Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there are a lot of questions on how and what to do, I thought I would make a thread on it.
What you need:
Dupli-Color Import Auto Spray - Silver Metalic
Dupli-Color Auto Spray - Clear Top Coat
Dupli-Color Adhesion Promoter
2000 grit sandpaper
400 grit sanpaper
Adhesion promoter and sandpaper are not neccasary, you can do it with out these, but wet sanding with the 2000 grit will give you a much smoother finish.

The window switch has 2 spots on either side, you can use a flathead screwdriver to lift the plate up enough to slide these out

They looked rough after my first coat.

I did alot of wetsanding and coating to get it where I was pleased

Here is my finished product

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Cool man. I'd love to do that to mine, but it would be pointless because I have the grey interior, but if I had the charcoal I would definetly do it.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Are you going to do the speaker rings? You should also do the piece around the door handle and the lock post. That would look awesome.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you going to do the speaker rings? You should also do the piece around the door handle and the lock post. That would look awesome.
No speaker rings right now, I might I'm still trying to decide. I may also try to do the seat back adjuster (whatever its called), on the lower side of the seat. I dont think I will do the piece around my door look pins because I have the silver pins, so thats a nice contrast. Had I known though, I wouldnt have bought them last year, I would have jsut painted them:rolleyes:

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
Cool man. I'd love to do that to mine, but it would be pointless because I have the grey interior, but if I had the charcoal I would definetly do it.
take your interior apart and paint it red... thats what i would do/did... my handles are black... but i was impatient and didn't take my time... so they are just black but kinda rough...

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
400 is to sand the plastic before paint...2000 is to wetsand imperfections out of the paint before clearing

·
Born to be Wild
3,179 Posts
+1 speaker rings, might as well
Oh and you will need this as well (brand is up to you)
This should be a sticky :D
I like 2 rate my jobs on these too, how many does it take to get the right look

Seriosly, awesome job..... nice pics....
should be included in the Ford interior upgrade package....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts