Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have always wondered if my mustang already had gears installed in it before i bought it.... if so how would i know i never knew the previous owner since i bought the mustang from a car dealer in mesa, az.... is there a basic way to find out with out removing them and what kind im running if they are the stock 3.27's or a higher gear

·
Registered
94 Posts
Check your RPM at certain speeds.

Use this tool.. PaladinMicro

Theres probably another way, but thats the easiest way I can think of at the moment.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man im going to print this out and shift at those points and compare my mph to the rmps and see if they are close to this graph

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well lookin at the graph if you're doin:
3500 RPM in 3rd gear you should be right about 60 MPH
3500 RPM in 4th gear you should be right about 80 MPH
Check those points out and see whats up.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: dannyboy281

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it does thanks bro ill check all this out tomorrow because i really want to lower my stang and get 3.73's but only have enough for one thing.... but i found out recently that we can cut the stock coils in another thread... and it looks good not all crappy as i though it would...so i guess i can do both

·
Registered
812 Posts
what is the title of the thread about cutting coils?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
The most accurate way of checking is to put your car in neutral, leave the parking brake off and jack up the rear end. Place a chalk mark on the tire and the driveshaft. Turn the tire one full revolution and count the number of times the driveshaft goes around. It should go around 3 1/4 turns for stock gears.

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
The most accurate way of checking is to put your car in neutral, leave the parking brake off and jack up the rear end. Place a chalk mark on the tire and the driveshaft. Turn the tire one full revolution and count the number of times the driveshaft goes around. It should go around 3 1/4 turns for stock gears.
Put a rock or brick infront of the front tires to keep it from rolling off the jack. Yes I'm sure it can be done w/out but it's safer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts