Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting my nitto drag radials friday, ive never driven on them before and me and like 5 stangs are goin to the track the 12th, do i bring up the rpms and dump the clutch? or do i still have to slip it?

·
Registered
825 Posts
I don't have the answer to your queston but good luck. I killed my car and that was on street tires. It was embarrassing

there is a good video clip of ryan's car launching in my thread

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the answer to your queston but good luck. I killed my car and that was on street tires. It was embarrassing

there is a good video clip of ryan's car launching in my thread
haha at least you gota good idea of where your abilities are now so next time you do better

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Depends on the size of the DRs, and your suspension. I would reccommend just slipping the clutch on your first shake down pass, then working your way up in the RPM range, and releasing the clutch faster each time, until you lose traction. Experiment with PSI aswell.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks! theyre 275s and i have steeda upper and lower control arms as well as subframe connectors

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
18psi 4000 and up rpms and dump it. Feathering the clutch is only gonna give you a crappy 60'

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
its gonna be differnt with every car like he said just pick a good starting point and go up from there make sure they are warm start about 3000 rpm and dont dump it but let it out fairly quickly as you gas it.. launching slower is better then spinning at the line

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
shouldn't he go lower than 18psi?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
i wont just spin if i do this? i am on gay 3.08 gears for now
With those gears it is still optimal to launch as hard as possible. If your tire size is 275 on a drag radial, youll be fine. I suggest that you try everyones advise, but I am willing to bet 4K dumps work best.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
im not a fan of nitto

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
dropping the pressure on drag radials will only help a little and you'll be giving up stability on the top end. I wouldn't go much lower than 20PSI. With a good set of tires like ET streets you can drop the pressure to 10-15 PSI and it will hook hard.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
dropping the pressure on drag radials will only help a little and you'll be giving up stability on the top end. I wouldn't go much lower than 20PSI. With a good set of tires like ET streets you can drop the pressure to 10-15 PSI and it will hook hard.
this is what i was talking about earlier.....didn't realize they were nitto's until just a little but ago, im used to everyone going with the et streets on here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts