Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Resident Headbanger
2,419 Posts
Since you have an AODE GT, to get 350rwhp you're going to need ~450hp at the flywheel. To get that N/A and without nitrous, the only choice is to build a stroker. A 347 with AFR 185 heads, TFS Stage 2 cam, Eddy Performer RPM intake, 30lb injectors, Tweecer RT, and all the usual external bolt-ons should get you there.
You definitely won't do it with 302ci and a stock bottom end unless you swap in a less power-absorbing manual tranny. With a manual, you'll only need ~400hp at the flywheel but even then, you'll need TFS TW heads/TFS Stage 1 cam/Holley Systemax II intake and all the usual external bolt-ons to get close.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Since you have an AODE GT, to get 350rwhp you're going to need ~450hp at the flywheel. To get that N/A and without nitrous, the only choice is to build a stroker. A 347 with AFR 185 heads, TFS Stage 2 cam, Eddy Performer RPM intake, 30lb injectors, Tweecer RT, and all the usual external bolt-ons should get you there.
You definitely won't do it with 302ci and a stock bottom end unless you swap in a less power-absorbing manual tranny. With a manual, you'll only need ~400hp at the flywheel but even then, you'll need TFS TW heads/TFS Stage 1 cam/Holley Systemax II intake and all the usual external bolt-ons to get close.
wow your good at throwing diff combos at him.whats your budget man?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Take the stock block and go get a bore of like .050" over with some over sized high compression pistons (Maybe Stroker to), get some GT40 Heads and shave the bottom of the head so the combustion chambers are smaller and will make more compression, and all that other jazzy stuff like intake and full bolt ons and cam with roller rockers, GT40 Intake and 70mm TB with bigger MAF Sensor and maybe some 24lb injectors, headers and all that other good stuff

·
Registered
910 Posts
Trickflow top end kit?

·
Registered
656 Posts
the tf top end kit is what im lookin at for my 94 cobra. it comes with everything and the kit that advertises 360hp is only about 2600 bucks. and if you think about it, thats a damn good deal. you get twisted wedge 170cc heads, tfs stage one cam, track heat intake, 1.6 roller rockers, pushrods, timing assembly, and some nice valve covers. if you put that together yourself you would probably spend about 3 grand or more. plus you can get it in a sweet black powdercoat color for no extra cost. im wanting to get that and combine it with a 347 stroker with h beams, 13.8cc forged pistons, and a forged crank. with that and all my bolt ons, harris racing said i should make about 500 at the flywheel. their estimate is based on that last 5.0 cobra they did the same setup on. but the top end kit is deff. the way to go, imo.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
the tf top end kit is what im lookin at for my 94 cobra. it comes with everything and the kit that advertises 360hp is only about 2600 bucks. and if you think about it, thats a damn good deal. you get twisted wedge 170cc heads, tfs stage one cam, track heat intake, 1.6 roller rockers, pushrods, timing assembly, and some nice valve covers. if you put that together yourself you would probably spend about 3 grand or more. plus you can get it in a sweet black powdercoat color for no extra cost. im wanting to get that and combine it with a 347 stroker with h beams, 13.8cc forged pistons, and a forged crank. with that and all my bolt ons, harris racing said i should make about 500 at the flywheel. their estimate is based on that last 5.0 cobra they did the same setup on. but the top end kit is deff. the way to go, imo.
that kit should make about 300 at the wheels on a 302.

And really?A forged crank in a stock block!

·
Registered
656 Posts
yes. i wont make enough power to need a new block. and if i want to supercharge it someday ill already have the parts i need to make it strong enough. then i would get a new block.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
yes. i wont make enough power to need a new block. and if i want to supercharge it someday ill already have the parts i need to make it strong enough. then i would get a new block.
ok i get what you are doing man.That makes sense but just puttin a forged crank in a stock block just for the hell of it makes no sense whatsoever.

·
Registered
656 Posts
im just throwin gettin the forged 347 stroker kit so that when i go to supercharge it i wont have to go through gettin new pistons rods and crank and stuff.

·
Registered
656 Posts
You'd be better off just ordering a shortblock from here: FordStrokers.com 331-347-393-408-418-427 stroker kits and ford parts. A set of TFS or AFR 185 heads, a track heat or holley intake and all the supporting fuel mods. You'll be well over 350. Horsepower cost money! If you can find a used intake in the classifieds you'd save yourself alot of money.
I looked at those and thats a really good price. i customized it with afr 185's, h-beam rod upgrade, 28oz harm. bal., billet steel flywheel, and forged crank and it came out to $3768.97. but do they come with pistons? and will i still ne to buy new pushrods, timing assembly and all that? and if i went with a trick flow intake and stage 2 cam, would that be a good setup? i like it but i just would like a little more info on it. cause if its as good as it sounds then thats what ill get.
and i looked at the trickflow R series intakes, are they any good? or would a track heat be better?

·
Registered
386 Posts
The kit is an assembled shortblock, it comes with pistons, rods, crank, bearings. Unless you plan on spraying it with NOS or supercharging it the H-beam rods aren't necessary. The best upper would be a track heat or a holley systemax. You'll need 30lbs inj, MAF sensor calibrated for the injectors, pushrods, double roller timing chain, etc. As far as the cam you could go with the Jay Allen custom cam or a comp XE270. Personally I would go with a Jay Allen cam because he can grind it however you want.

·
Registered
25 Posts

couldent have said it better, its next to impossible to get 350 HP NA with stock displacement unless your willing to run a huge cam and sacrifice drivability.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts