Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo I got my sisters 2002 grey ford mustang convertible that she has owned for a few years. It's a little bit feminine and beat up but I love the car. My goal is to spend the least amount of money possible to make it look, sound and drive better. I was going to start with plasti dipping the rims, re-blacking the convertible top and getting a cheap 70-100 dollar muffler although im not sure how much of a difference that will make. I dont want to spend much over $300 so let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
What is done to the car anything? If its stock you cant cut the springs to lower the car. Plastidip the rims and dont go cheap on the mufflers.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Depends what the damages are. If I were you I would first spend the money getting it to look good again. For example, get a new top if it's all faded out. If it has a dent in the bumper, either pull it or replace the bumper.

If that stuff is done there are a few relatively "cheap" mods you can do that I think make the car look a lot better. Buy some "MUSTANG" lettering inserts for the rear bumper. Get a Mach 1 chin spoiler and a Mach 1 grille delete kit. Lowering springs will make the car look years better.

It's a V6 correct? Maybe get a dual exhaust conversion kit so it will sound and look better. And if you can afford them down the road a set of good wheels can be a night and day difference on how the car looks. My personal favorites are Bullitt style wheels.

To get all these things many forum members, and myself included, use americanmuscle.com. It's a great site; good customer service, safe, free and fast shipping, and usually has lower prices than competition.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Cut springs.
Tint windows.
O/R Midpipe.
Yes window tint helps alot and a nice midpipe will change the sound alot.

·
32v Pure Pleasure
290 Posts
^ +1 I second this motion... but a still stock Mustang v6 endless possibilities await so much you can do waiting for pics of the car.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
pics of car would help us out :D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Welcome to MM

First, pics of said sister. Second, upgrade to a V8.
If you're going to upgrade to a V8, which I highly recommend, just save a little more and go for the Cobra. If you settle for a GT you'll be content for a while but in the end you'll wish you had went with the Cobra.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
feminine this convertible, succckkkkaaa lol

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
lol but...

Pics would help with some opinions on how to make it NICER!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
rims and tires with a staggered setup, lower it, tint windows, style bar, and definitely grill delete and mach chin spoiler

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
sorry i didn't see him say a price, but i was just listing some options. Not like he needs to buy them all.

Well I got it on sale at latemodel for 175. But they run bout 250 i believe.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts