Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i kno theres a way and i know in nyc they dont use that gay ass probe in the tail pipe with newer models..
i thought of turning off the rer o2 sensors but some1 said that could be an automatic fail. is this true?

if so can u just hook up rears to fronts?

i kno theres a way spit it out my x pipe n slp lms rnt doin it for me anymore i need more!

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
soemtimes MIL eliminators will show the computer that the cats are working fine, but theres still a visual inspection for emmisions.

just pop your stock one on to get it passed, it takes like a whole 20 mins to put it back on.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as of now i have some1 for the comin inspection to not worry about them lookin for cats im just worried about the computer.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ur not gettin my point. i said i have a some1 doin the inspection.. wink wink i dont see any race pipes there...get it ? if not then idk how u want me to put it lol

the only thing we r worried about is if i turn off the 02 sensors will the computer automaticly fail me??

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
ur not gettin my point. i said i have a some1 doin the inspection.. wink wink i dont see any race pipes there...get it ? if not then idk how u want me to put it lol

the only thing we r worried about is if i turn off the 02 sensors will the computer automaticly fail me??
yes, it will fail you because the monitors arent going to set, and with that new of a car your only allowed to have 1 monitor not set, and your going to have 2 not set.

get a set of MIL eliminators and you should pass.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i kno wat mil eliminators are im talkin about, when u said set in "yes, it will fail you because the monitors arent going to set, and with that new of a car your only allowed to have 1 monitor not set, and your going to have 2 not set."

a friend with a gto around here did it but i forgot hit number to ask him how.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i kno wat mil eliminators are im talkin about, when u said set in "yes, it will fail you because the monitors arent going to set, and with that new of a car your only allowed to have 1 monitor not set, and your going to have 2 not set."

a friend with a gto around here did it but i forgot hit number to ask him how.
ohh, ok. the monitor for the rear O2 sensors are either going to not set after you clear the codes, or they're going to throw codes for cat efficiency.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
no im going to shut them off with the tuner. so no codes are thrown.
and yoru not going to pass because the monitor's will not set. only way to pass without cats for the plug in test is to have MIL's. turning your O2's off fails you.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
If they do a visual, then you will have to swap out to your factory. I've passed here in Georgia for 3 or 4 years now with an o/r pipe. I have the rear o2's turned off on my tuner. As long as there is no check engine light then you are fine. 2 years ago the guy actually looked and said, you know there is a 5,000 dollar fine for that if the cops see it. Then says, here ya go, and hands me my passed paperwok.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
and yoru not going to pass because the monitor's will not set. only way to pass without cats for the plug in test is to have MIL's. turning your O2's off fails you.
I have passed for a few years with mine turned off. :yes

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well lets face it guys u can always find some1 to pass the visual but if the computer shuts u down then ur down unless u have creative ways... i think i might try the tuner thing. if anything my inspection is in july n its hot so i can figure out a way to throw in the cats if needed.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
from what i understand MIL's don't always work. Whoever said it takes 20 minutes to swap pipes out, i've done quite a few of them and it's taken atleast an hour to an hour and a half on each. If you have access to a lift, obviously it makes things easier. I've been trying to find out the same thing jat, as I live in NYC also. It sucks, because I want to put longtubes in, I'm thinking about modding my prochamber to work with ARH headers and creating pipes so that I can slip in cats when i need or a straight pipe for the rest of the year. There is no way I'll be taking the headers off and putting them back on, it's too much of a hassle. I want to create my pipe so its similar to the bassani bx x pipe

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
I have passed for a few years with mine turned off. :yes
i dont know who your going to, but turning them off doesnt tell the computer that they are working which fails.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts