Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Do they inspect for Catts or run a emission test there?

·
Registered
157 Posts
In georgia every year in order to renew tags. They hit up your obdII port.
Just put MIL eliminators on it and you'll be golden. They will only run a scan of your computer, the MIL's will say that everything's fine and you'll roll off fine. As long as you don't have a check engine light or a code you will pass, the MIL's will take care of this for you.

·
Registered
283 Posts
or go somewhere that you know somebody...theres always a good ol boy around somewhere that will pass it for you, all they gotta say to cover their ass is that when it was inspected you didnt have it on there

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
:withhomo
or go somewhere that you know somebody...theres always a good ol boy around somewhere that will pass it for you, all they gotta say to cover their ass is that when it was inspected you didnt have it on there

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've heard of an LS1 Trans-Am a few years ago that managed to pass the sniffer without Cats, and with a pretty big cam. A really good tune might be able to get you to pass even a sniffer catless.

·
Registered
161 Posts
MIL's won't pass in some counties of Texas. They show a flat line on the software. I know a guy in Houston that found out the hard way and it turned up on his CarFax report.:mad:

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
its nice to live in canada if only for this reason...no emisson testing up here...yet

·
Registered
991 Posts
you will pass cause they dont do the tale pipe test...

or if you know someone you could always just buy a sticker...and they would look passed it...thats what i do in nj...

·
Registered
138 Posts
LCpl, I was reading the DOT website the other day to

find out about emissions inspections and from what I read, new vehicles here in GA get a three year pass on emissions. Which means you won't have to test your car until 2010. I assume you're talking about your '07 Stang. Please check into this yourself, there's always the possibility that I misunderstood what I read.

I was looking for info on how old a car has to be in order to be exempt from the emissions test. Looks like its 25 years. I've been in the mood lately to buy an older car just to build a hotrod out of and maybe take to the track, but still be street legal.

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
find out about emissions inspections and from what I read, new vehicles here in GA get a three year pass on emissions. Which means you won't have to test your car until 2010. I assume you're talking about your '07 Stang. Please check into this yourself, there's always the possibility that I misunderstood what I read.

I was looking for info on how old a car has to be in order to be exempt from the emissions test. Looks like its 25 years. I've been in the mood lately to buy an older car just to build a hotrod out of and maybe take to the track, but still be street legal.
I do think the 3 year rule is correct, but if I sell the car, or something I don't want the next person to fail one.

In car after 25 years in the U.S. is considered a classic car. My friends parents just imported some Ferraris over new years because they just turned 25.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I understand, you're just plannng ahead, smart move. I just wanted to let you know you didn't have to get it inspected yet in case that was your concern. Hey, another 8 years and my Honda will be a classic car, it wouldn't surprise me if it lasted that long:D

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Hey Gupton, I see in your sig that you have a tuner with Bama tunes. You do not need MIL's. You can call Doug and he will send you a new tune at no charge. Thats what I did. As far as passing without them, they are correct in saying that it will not need a sniff test, just plug it up to the OBD2 port. You will be fine with no cats man, my 98 has passed for the last 3-4 years with no cats, and I live in Georgia, where your asking about

·
Registered
748 Posts
ok regarding a sniff test i know i dont need one, but they sniff my my car and scan it (they even put my 00 v6 on the rollers and my 96 grand am on the rollers) they have sniffed all of my vehicles and they dont need to, do you think i could pass a sniff without cats and a good tune? (i know a tune/turned off 02s will pass the scan).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts