Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

They pop out fairly easily. You just insert a trim tool towards the center of the bumper. While facing the bumper, looking at the passenger side cover, insert a tool (pry bar, paint can lid opener, pry bar) at the three o'clock position and pull it out. For the drivers side its the 9 oclock position.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Pop em out. I think I popped mine out from behind. Im not sure if you can get them out from the front. So you have to remove the underside panel to work on that portion of the headlights

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pop em out. I think I popped mine out from behind. Im not sure if you can get them out from the front. So you have to remove the underside panel to work on that portion of the headlights
So they do just pull out? I didn't want to remove the under belly since my car is so damn low. I need 2x6's to jack it with a low profile jack. :p

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Should just pop out with a nice little love tap! haha

wait is your car lowered??? My SS springs are on the wayyyyy :D

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
on my way to projectttttsssss

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
lol. Yes they pop right out

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
are you trying to take out the front reflectors?(corner lights) (turn signals) or whatever they are called?-__-
Yes. Damn... So yeah they pop out you just insert a trim tool towards the center.

Facing the bumper looking at the passenger side cover insert tool at the three o'clock position and pull it out. For the drivers side its the 9 oclock position.

Anyone popped out the reflectors? I tried felling around for how they are attached and I think that you have to take the bumper off to pop them out.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
you ever going to get fogs???

I might be selling mine soon when i order my CS (all the hardware is included) so i would sell them to you for practically nothing

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you ever going to get fogs???

I might be selling mine soon when i order my CS (all the hardware is included) so i would sell them to you for practically nothing
Sure I would be interested. I am not sure what is needed for the retro-fit. I know that I would need to knob.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i popped out my reflectors n tinted them my self pretty simple..

your reflectores have 2 nuts in the back, wich are holding them in place..
what you have to do(what i did) is remore the first 4 or 3 bolts holding the plastic part on the inside of the fender wich will gain you acces to the back part of your reflectors. i think the size of the nuts is a 10mm once you remove the nuts it should pop right off from there on out you just unplug it n walla its off with out having to take off your bumper. once you tint them you will never regret it they look sooooo much more better.

sorry for the long explenation im not the brightest kid ever when it comes to explaining stuff.lol

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i popped out my reflectors n tinted them my self pretty simple..

your reflectores have 2 nuts in the back, wich are holding them in place..
what you have to do(what i did) is remore the first 4 or 3 bolts holding the plastic part on the inside of the fender wich will gain you acces to the back part of your reflectors. i think the size of the nuts is a 10mm once you remove the nuts it should pop right off from there on out you just unplug it n walla its off with out having to take off your bumper. once you tint them you will never regret it they look sooooo much more better.

sorry for the long explenation im not the brightest kid ever when it comes to explaining stuff.lol
Thanks I actually just found a PDF with installation instructions of tinted side-markers. Same technique that you did.

That was plan B for me, since going through the fogs seemed easier.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i never would have thought of going through the fog inserts that just sounds much easier now that you mentioned it..

wonder how you remove the back ones tho

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i never would have thought of going through the fog inserts that just sounds much easier now that you mentioned it..

wonder how you remove the back ones tho
99% of the time you have to remove the bumper for the rear.

5% of cars you can pop the reflector out through the fog light, so I though I'd give it a try.

I technically still could pop them out through the fog, but I have big hands and it is tight in there.

I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
40 Posts
post a pick up when its done!
if you want them blacked out with no light i recomend good olll black spray paint with a coat of primer of course.. i used nightshade on mines (7 coats) and the light still goes right thru -__- hate it..

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Yeah just that and probably splice the cables in to a power source....

Ill let you know when it comes closer to switching it all over!

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
post a pick up when its done!
if you want them blacked out with no light i recomend good olll black spray paint with a coat of primer of course.. i used nightshade on mines (7 coats) and the light still goes right thru -__- hate it..
Yeah just that and probably splice the cables in to a power source....

Ill let you know when it comes closer to switching it all over!
I'll just do about 4 of Nightshades, looks black but still gets light.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
99% of the time you have to remove the bumper for the rear.

5% of cars you can pop the reflector out through the fog light, so I though I'd give it a try.

I technically still could pop them out through the fog, but I have big hands and it is tight in there.

I'll give it a try.
I removed my bumper last night. You have to remove the rear bumper to get to them.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Got any younger siblings or neighbor kids you could get some help from (that understands how a wrench/ratchet works)? I've got pretty small hands but I'm not close enough to help you out :( :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts