Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 v6 mustang wanting to remove me headrest to take off the seatbelt deal thats under the headrest? thanks andy

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya...i just like try to pull on it like any other headrest but no luck? is it in there permantly?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Ive heard they can come out. By sticking a wire down there or something and pulling it out...my dad (works at ford dealerships body shop) said he didnt know for sure if they came out.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm thinking of a 1/4 ratchet wrench and a star bit. If its a standard bit it should fit snuggly in the grips of the ratchet wrench and presto no vice grip pliers' dance. :-D

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm thinking of a 1/4 ratchet wrench and a star bit. If its a standard bit it should fit snuggly in the grips of the ratchet wrench and presto no vice grip pliers' dance. :-D
for some reason, im thinking the bit didnt want to stay in it without a little pressure on it, but my screws were tight as hell. i dont have ratchet wrenches so a regular wrench would have taken even longer than the pliers. :yes

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
It is a T-45 Torx bit. Put it on a thumb ratchet to start it and once the bolt raises a pair of vice grips will finish the job.

·
2013 5.0
2,982 Posts
I really just posted it for people like me. I search threads before asking questions... I know, its a rare quality on here. But if someone else had posted this, it would have made my life easier...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts