Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Since no one likes to clarify these things for people I'll give it a shot lol. Your 2000 gt doesn't have IMRCs because they only came on 96-98 cobras. Those motors are the ones with the "B" heads. Your car has no type of weird valve timing **** like that unless you or someone else swapped your car to a dohc setup. In short, if you don't have heads from a 96-98 cobra on your 2000gt's engine, your tuner is retarded.

To answer any further questions no other dohc mustang motor has them. For example if your car is swapped to dohc heads but they are from a 99-02 car, you still do not have imrc's and your tuner is still retarded.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since no one likes to clarify these things for people I'll give it a shot lol. Your 2000 gt doesn't have IMRCs because they only came on 96-98 cobras. Those motors are the ones with the "B" heads. Your car has no type of weird valve timing **** like that unless you or someone else swapped your car to a dohc setup. In short, if you don't have heads from a 96-98 cobra on your 2000gt's engine, your tuner is retarded.

To answer any further questions no other dohc mustang motor has them. For example if your car is swapped to dohc heads but they are from a 99-02 car, you still do not have imrc's and your tuner is still retarded.
thanks for the clarification and for the record this "tuner" that doesnt know what the hell hes doing is Joe @ tricktuners who by the way has been the single biggest mistake/regret of my new motor. He is horribly unprofessional, untimely, and i had to TEACH him how to use the diablo data viewer via phone and the list goes on... I got dozens of recommendations for him and I am not at all happy with what I've gotten thus far..

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
pretty sure the older v6's have imrc as well. But like stated yours does not and i have a hard time believing joe at trick tuners wouldnt know that.. but IDK.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pretty sure the older v6's have imrc as well. But like stated yours does not and i have a hard time believing joe at trick tuners wouldnt know that.. but IDK.
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 17:38:02 -0700 [05/18/2011 08:38:02 PM EDT]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Lots of tunes!
Part(s):
2 2011-5-18 josh 50 leaner.frg 222 KB
3 2011-5-18 josh 50 richer.frg 222 KB
4 2011-5-18 josh base.frg 222 KB
5 2011-5-18 josh 25 leaner.frg 222 KB
6 2011-5-18 josh 25 richer.frg 222 KB
Download All Attachments (in .zip file)
1 unnamed 4.27 KB
Hey Josh,
You might want to think about removing the IMRCs because there is no way to
use them with your ecu. At least make sure they are fixed in the short port
setting. The maf is going to be tricky. If its cal'd for the injectors you
should try that tune. Then I made gross adjustments to hopefully get a good
starting point. Without knowing what it is, and if its 'cal'd' or not, its
like guessing at the tune. Once it gets close, then it will get better for
sure. Follow the directions on which tune to load. You may need to use the
user adjustments to bump up the rpm to prevent stalls. If you find an rpm
that you like, then let me know and I'll make it the default. Its tricky to
setup a car with an unknown maf, and this is the most base tunes that I have
ever sent out at once. Keep me posted. Start with the base tune and go
form there.
Thanks,
Joe

believe it

·
Registered
493 Posts
you might want to check with him and make sure there isn't some misunderstanding of what engine you have in your car. i have a hard time believing he would tell you something like that without him thinking you have a b headed motor in your car.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, did you tell him you don't have IMRC's? What'd he say to that?
he'd actually have to respond to any emails or phone calls in order for it to matter but yes i informed him. as it stands right now ive emailed and called multiple times and haven't had a response in a week. im on the edge of needing to find a way to get my money back.

·
Jackpot, fishypoopypants!
1,986 Posts
he'd actually have to respond to any emails or phone calls in order for it to matter but yes i informed him. as it stands right now ive emailed and called multiple times and haven't had a response in a week. im on the edge of needing to find a way to get my money back.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
wow im shocked to hear about this about tricktuners, i know i would not really want to do a over the phone email tune for my car but it is what it is. i know he does not like tuning in meth and i have gotten in lots of arguments about using it with him. but im not going to bash the guy who knows what his deal is but your best bet is to go get a tune. that way someone see's real time what is going on and if there is a problem they can shut down before something bad happens. as for the imrc's they are on the 05 and up 3v mustangs and they serve a purpose of bringing back low end power cause they are pretty much just a throttle body blades in the runners of the intake.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow im shocked to hear about this about tricktuners, i know i would not really want to do a over the phone email tune for my car but it is what it is. i know he does not like tuning in meth and i have gotten in lots of arguments about using it with him. but im not going to bash the guy who knows what his deal is but your best bet is to go get a tune. that way someone see's real time what is going on and if there is a problem they can shut down before something bad happens. as for the imrc's they are on the 05 and up 3v mustangs and they serve a purpose of bringing back low end power cause they are pretty much just a throttle body blades in the runners of the intake.
well still no response and i dont really know what his deal is. but if i can get my money back ill be dyno tuning the car asap.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts