Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant seem to get hold of this stupid bolt on the bottom of the iac so i can clean it. i dont think its been cleaned since i bought it 10k miles ago. probably more than that. i have a 01 sixer. its such a tiny space to work around any ideas?

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Only thing I can come up with is pulling the upper intake off and see what you can work with. I snapped the head off one of my iac bolts. But it's different than your situation. I just pulled off one bolt and twisted the iac around until it came off.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only thing I can come up with is pulling the upper intake off and see what you can work with. I snapped the head off one of my iac bolts. But it's different than your situation. I just pulled off one bolt and twisted the iac around until it came off.
well i can get one bolt off. i guess ill try the twisting the whole iac thing if i have no luck. i just hope it doesnt ruin the gasket. if it does where can i grab a new one?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I snapped the head off of one of my IAC bolts as well :sorry

well i can get one bolt off. i guess ill try the twisting the whole iac thing if i have no luck. i just hope it doesnt ruin the gasket. if it does where can i grab a new one?
Get a pair of vise grips. Clamp them ****ing tight. Turn them as much as you can. Unclamp. Repeat. If you've got a quality pair of vise grips then you can probably get ahold of the bolt and get it to turn. Also you can pick up a new bolt at pretty much any hardware store. Just take in the bolt that doesn't have a stripped head and find one that matches. It'll cost maybe a dollar.

I actually had to use a pair of vise grips to remove my snapped IAC bolt because there was absolutely nothing to put a socket/wrench on.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I snapped the head off of one of my IAC bolts as well :sorry

Get a pair of vise grips. Clamp them ****ing tight. Turn them as much as you can. Unclamp. Repeat. If you've got a quality pair of vise grips then you can probably get ahold of the bolt and get it to turn. Also you can pick up a new bolt at pretty much any hardware store. Just take in the bolt that doesn't have a stripped head and find one that matches. It'll cost maybe a dollar.

I actually had to use a pair of vise grips to remove my snapped IAC bolt because there was absolutely nothing to put a socket/wrench on.
alright ill try that then. thanks again mcqueen!

·
Livin' the Good Life
699 Posts
If you can loosen the bolt by turning the IAC, it should be hard at all to get it off. Just patience and mcqueen.lol :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts