Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a link on how to replace a new edge axle shaft?
I looked around and only found a link on how to replace it on an 2007 gt

Thanks and reps to whoever can help me.

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
ummm take the wheels off...take the brakes off the rear...take the diff cover off..drain all that **** out. make sure its in neutral...theres a rod goin the the center of everything..make sure its facing the top...take out the little i think 7mm bolt..take the rod out..dont drop the spider gears out...push the axle in from the wheel studs untill it stops..pull the C clip out and pull it out..try not to drag it on the seal if your not replacing the seal...then reverse install...dont forget to put fluid back in it hahha and dont leave any shop rags in the rear end hahah

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
atleast i think..i could be totally wrong.haha

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha thats what the 2007 how to said, I just wanna make sure I have a step by step since its my first time, and I definitely dont want to mess anything up.

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
haha thats what the 2007 how to said, I just wanna make sure I have a step by step since its my first time, and I definitely dont want to mess anything up.
yea its pretty cake man.make sure you put a bucket or something under the end of the axle..when you pull the shaft out itll make a big ass mess haha

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and anybody know how to refill the differential oil?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts