Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got Steeda Springs (installed when I got it), I've since upgraded the shocks and struts with Eibach Pro Damper Kit... it's better, but still hard on the bumps..

I know lowered/performace stance vechilces are harder (I don't expect it to ride like a Lincoln) but I'm wondering what else I can do to soften up the travel a bit...

I've got Sway Bars coming (but I know that won't impact this much), so wondering if maybe Eibach Springs (or others) are worth the trouble of a swap, or if there is another component commonly swapped to create better ride comfort.

·
Low & Slow
696 Posts
I don't think swapping the springs is gonna do much at all.

If you already did shocks & struts, I think the only other option for you is a coilover setup...

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think swapping the springs is gonna do much at all.

If you already did shocks & struts, I think the only other option for you is a coilover setup...
That's what I figured, but I don't think I can justify $1200 for coil overs... it's not THAT bad.. that's $1200 in the wrong direction from my SC..:)

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Coil overs will definately help but like you said its pricey. Swap bars should stiffen the ride a lil more though.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Its a trade off man, I am dealing with it to. Even with coils it is going to feel like a flinstone mobile over bumps.

·
Registered
310 Posts
taller sidewall on your tires? thats pretty expensive though depending on what you'd want to run and im not sure it'd soften your ride up that much.

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks.. yeah I'm going with 18"s soon but going to increase overall size to fill the well and keep the sidewall depth..

It's great at high speeds, it's the slower big bumps that suck.. Ehh.. just thought I'd ask, this is my first car I've modded, done trucks in the past so I'm used to it..

thanks again!!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Dont go 18". I have them, love them actualy but if you want a 315 tire they are hard to find and expensive when you do. I am droping to 17x10.5 in the rear/17x9 up front

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
18's are pricey for tires. You can run a 305 tire on them tough. not a big difference then 315s....

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
18"s... I'm not going 315.. just like 275/285... 245/255 in front..

I haven't ruled out 7x9, 7x10.5 DD yet..

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
some 10 way adjustable shocks should solve your ride problem... i had my shocks set on 2 and it rides really smooth.. i set them on 10 one day to go drifting, whew, that hurt going down my driveway it was so stiff...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts