Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i strengthen the 4r70w to handle 450rwhp+ for the future??

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
how can i strengthen the 4r70w to handle 450rwhp+ for the future??
buy a built one. to trualy stranthen a trany u need to get "stronger" gears.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im talkin about just building the one i have. i know, theres the j-mod, a higher stall torque converter but wut else can increase its strength?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
im talkin about just building the one i have. i know, theres the j-mod, a higher stall torque converter but wut else can increase its strength?
those will make it shift beter/ praform beter at the trake. but what brakes in tranys is the gears.
just look at chris' i know it is a t-5 but the gear concept is still the same.

and yes u can buy the parts u need to rebuild it stronger but most people can't / don't want to deal with doign that.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
those will make it shift beter/ praform beter at the trake. but what brakes in tranys is the gears.
just look at chris' i know it is a t-5 but the gear concept is still the same.

and yes u can buy the parts u need to rebuild it stronger but most people can't / don't want to deal with doign that.
J-mod also helps strengthen the tranny.

·
Registered
44 Posts
how about my site clickclickracing.com more info there than anyone can shake a stick at.

the 4R70W is IMO the greatest 4 speed auto for its size on the planet. Can hold 1000 HP if built right.

Also, the GEARS are not the issue in this trans.... the PLANETARY is tough as nails. THe sun gear needs some help, but that is easy stuff. Lubrication is probably the greatest downfall of any auto.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good info on tccoa!!

sounds like my best bet is to just take my car, a j-mod, and 3000 stall torque converter to a trans shop and tell them how much power i want it to handle and see wut they can do. im sure itll be cheaper than $2.5k lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
In a 99 mustang, the Jmod cosists of drilling 5 holes, and removing 3 springs and adding one in it's place. If you pay someone to do that, you are not wreaking the benifits of it.

As for the converter, if you can drop the trans, it is as easy as putting it in the old one place. If you pay someone to do this, we will hope the trans is in good shape, cause I would hate to see you pay someone to drop it, then decide to rebuild it next year...what a waste of time and $

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
everything would all be done at once, so ill almost have a fresh new trans

1 - 13 of 13 Posts