Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my car the previous owner told me that the stock intake cracked and he replaced it. Im just curious to see if he might have replaced it with the PI intake. Is there anything I would be able to look at to tell or maybe a number on the intake? It has the Aluminum parts, not plastic.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK well now my neighbor told me he was looking at my car when the guy I bought it from was selling it and the guy told him that it has an engine out of a 01 gt. But the previous owner told me that he wasnt sure if it was the original engine or not. So I guess I need to look for some castings or something. The intake is NPI but he could have easily placed a npi intake on it when the one he had on it cracked.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
see how far it goes down, if there is next to no clearance above the block its PI, also the runner configuration is diffrent and they are larger..if im correct the front runner on the PI starts on the passengers side and on the npi its on the drivers side.
:no You got it backwards.

From the front of the car if the first runner goes left ( Passenger side) it's NPI, If the first runner goes right it's PI. The aluminum crossover doesn't mean anything though, the npi intake is available with an aluminum crossover as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts