Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few different ways of doing this on the Internet. So am hoping some of you experienced guys can help me. Does anyone have a write up on how to torque my head bolts on?
Bolt sequence/torque specs
Ford racing head bolts and gaskets
Windsor heads on Romeo block
Thanks

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
From the 2000 shop manual:

Which you can get on DVD for $15...

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
From my Haynes Manual I did 3 sets of heads this year I did them exactly like the photo Cliffy provided and have ran up to around 20PSI without issue. Make sure you do it exactly like the photo says, and you will not have any issue.

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
From the 2000 shop manual:

Which you can get on DVD for $15...
this is what i did when i installed my MHS stage 3 heads. just be careful if the engine is on a harbor frieght stand. the amount of torque i applied to get the extra degrees almost knocked my engine stand over lol.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And also would i do stage 1 to all the bolts then continue to do stage 2 or go trough all the stages one bolt at a time.

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
no you don't need to degree em but it is recommended if you want the most power out of it.

yes do each step to all of the bolts before you move onto the next step. otherwise you risk the head being more heavily torqued on one side versus the other.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
You do all the bolts at stage 1 then move onto stage 2 with all the bolts, and as far as degreeing the stock cams it is not necesary as long s you follow the timing procedure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts