Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put a bbk o/r x pipe on and i was wondering how i turn off the back o2 sensors. i have the dabilo tuner but lost the manual when i moved:eek:. any help would be great, also does it hurt to leave them on except for the check engine light.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Soesn't hurt, just annoying, and you won't know if something else goes wrong cuz the light will always be on. 1. Go to the change parameters section in the diablo tune, 2. Go to the OBDII parameter and turn everything off thats in there, 02 test, MIL, 02 heater circuit, etc. all of em. Then go back, it will ask you if you want to install tune now, click yes and follow the tune install instructions.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Soesn't hurt, just annoying, and you won't know if something else goes wrong cuz the light will always be on. 1. Go to the change parameters section in the diablo tune, 2. Go to the OBDII parameter and turn everything off thats in there, 02 test, MIL, 02 heater circuit, etc. all of em. Then go back, it will ask you if you want to install tune now, click yes and follow the tune install instructions.
actually, it can hurt. It can cause the engine to run lean. The computer will think that there is way too much fuel being dumped into the engine because of all the fumes... so it will automatically lean it out.

Personally, it is good to invest in a tuner at that point and you can turn em off with the tuner. Mil's are good, but there are sometimes (rarely tho) a/f problems with those as well

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
It won't make it run lean. The rear 02's are only for testing catalyst efficency.

·
Registered
575 Posts
the rear on 02 sensors can cause the cars computer to go into a safe mode. if you have a diablosport go into options and turn off downstream sensors then reload the tune you are running. you can download this info from their site also

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so do i turn off all the stuff like doc said or just the rear o2 sensors. thanks

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
It will only let you turn off the rear 02s. just go into the OBDII parameter section and you will see what I mean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts