Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually wash my engine bay once or twice a month with my weekly car washes. Nothing fancy, just spray some all purpose degreaser and just hose it down. After it's dry, i will go over them with Aerospace Protectant.

But I am getting a cold air intake and it doesn't have the cover...so do you cover the intake with a bag or something? I know my friends who have cars with vents on the hood worry about water getting in the intake, so a lot of the times they get those rain guards.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
yea I just use a bag from target or something..just to stop it from getting all wet and water getting in.
Ohh dont forget to take it off. LOL I did that once many years ago and wondered why my truck just died right after it started

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea I just use a bag from target or something..just to stop it from getting all wet and water getting in.
Ohh dont forget to take it off. LOL I did that once many years ago and wondered why my truck just died right after it started
LOL!

Thanks for the advice guys. As always :)

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
and make sure to cover any electorics like the fuse box and stuff.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
lol, bet you were like WTF lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts