Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a 99 cobra with lt headers, h pipe, cai, 4.10s, slp's, twin 65mm tb, lightning maf, steeda shifter, underdrive pullies, and steeda springs outrun a lightly modded g35 or 350z?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Depends on the "light" mods done to the others. What year g35 and 350z?

·
Registered
638 Posts
you will unload on those 6 cylinders

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Again the question of the day is what are their mods. Little as in CAI and Exhaust or little as in little shot of N20?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think you will win but a big factor as doc said is the mods. Unless they have spray, turbo, SC or major engine work done i dont think it would be close. Another factor is the model of the g35.

2005 models sedan auto 280 HP coupes and sedans manual 298 HP
2003-2004 models sedan 260 HP coupe 280 HP

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
but dont you cobraguys have like 320

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Depends on the "light" mods done to the others. What year g35 and 350z?
Again the question of the day is what are their mods. Little as in CAI and Exhaust or little as in little shot of N20?
I think you will win but a big factor as doc said is the mods. Unless they have spray, turbo, SC or major engine work done i dont think it would be close. Another factor is the model of the g35.

2005 models sedan auto 280 HP coupes and sedans manual 298 HP
2003-2004 models sedan 260 HP coupe 280 HP

:withhomo

My initial thought is that you have it in the bag. If it was the newer g37's or the '07+ 350Z than I would say it could go either way. But I have yet to be impressed by the older 350Z cars and the g35 cars. And a full bolt-on DOHC 32V 99 Cobra can be strait nasty in the right hands.

So it all comes down to what they consider 'light bolt-ons'. If they are just your typical intake/exhaust bolt-on car than you got the win on this one.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
:withhomo

My initial thought is that you have it in the bag. If it was the newer g37's or the '07+ 350Z than I would say it could go either way. But I have yet to be impressed by the older 350Z cars and the g35 cars. And a full bolt-on DOHC 32V 99 Cobra can be strait nasty in the right hands.

So it all comes down to what they consider 'light bolt-ons'. If they are just your typical intake/exhaust bolt-on car than you got the win on this one.
listen to the catfish........

he speaketh the truthith

1 - 14 of 14 Posts