Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is it going all! I wanted to introduce myself as I am not particularly new to the forums. Many of you guys have helped me with saving a bunch of money by your DIY's ~ but rather I was the one that lingered and took a bunch of pointers. Now I have decided to join! I drive a 2001 GT 2v in Southern California and I want to let you guys and gals all know that pride is very much so present by simply owning one.

Ohh yea, Merry Christmas! :dunce:

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
~ tha real introduction ~

Ok, ok... I know my introduction was kind of lame ~ so let me try again.
Sup guys and gals, my name is Jose a.k.a. Venomous (Duh!). I am 22 years old and live in Southern California; particularly in San Bernardino County. I currently drive a 2001 Ford Mustang GT with very mild bolt on's and visual appearance mods, but lets start from the beginning.

At 17 years old, I was able to get my hands on a Silver 99' 2v Convertable GT with the two tone interior color. My 99 GT was very much a head turner as it had as close as you can get to off road pipes, 4.10 rears (unsure - though considering how much I spun the wheels in 1st, 2nd, and partial 3rd and my speedo being off by 7MPH on highways). It also had a styling roll over bar, and 315's in the back. The car stuck with me from the moment I got it; but I was not the complete fanatic yet because I only knew so much. After a short couple of years, I ended up trading my 99' GT to my father for a 98 BMW 740iL that was intended for my wife. Shortly after, while living in the San Francisco Bay Area, I tried to re-obtain the 99' GT from my father, though his "family discount" was outragous @ $5,000. After telling me that price, he settled for $3,000 cash from a 3rd party (Boy ohh boy was I enraged!). Anyways, we stuck with the BMW for a couple years and we decided that the Mustang should be back in my hands again. My wife ended up buying me a Silver 2001 Mustang GT hardtop as a project car. The car required a full motor rebuild due to bad rod bearing - though atleast we knew that we can rely on the vehicle after it was rebuilt. Since then, we have done plenty of work on it, from the small to the slightly larger items on the list.
The 2001 GT 2v car currently has a pretty much stock rebuilt long block, American Muscle CAI, fully catted (debating on removing all of the cats) BBK X-pipe, SLP resonators, 4 inch exhaust tips (fit perfect on bumper molding), King Cobra HD clutch with adjustable clutch quadrant and adj. fire wall adaptor. She has the MEG's adjustable clutch pedal so the release is approx 2 inch off floor. Custom spring placed on the clutch cable to prevent the clutch pedal rattle. AM short shifter W/ trick shift attachment and Royal Purple ATF fluid (ohh so smooth compared to your average oils), lowered 1.5 inch with Eibach pro's with supporting KYB's all around, Timken hubs, drill slotted rotors and front strut bar (Yes, yes, I like that tight feeling :naughty:). The vehicle is also SCT tuned (though was on pause due to stock tune detonation > leading to new Dorman intake manifold, re-done seals on injectors, 103 autolight cooper spark plugs [1 stage cooler than 764'], coolant flush X 3 and 180 thermostat). Shortly after that, fuel pump went out, so I went ahead and put a new stock fuel pump in there this past weekend. Result of the new fuel pump is a higher pressurised system which prompted a CEL Evap code to pop up.

As for the visual mod's, she has the self installed black rocker stripe along the side of the vehicle, 99 SVT rims (front and back Deep dish Buillitt rims eventually), Honeycomb Decklid W/ lower rear valance, LED 3rd Brakelight, Mach 1 grill delete W/ Mach 1 chin spoiler, 99 style spoiler, Blue LED interior (AMP, Tach area, center console, front floor & matching Pionner radio ~ all blue). 3,500K fogs and stock tops (4,500K tops soon) and others that I simply cannot remember even though the vehicle is in front of me!

About 70 percent of the items listed were thanks to all you guys with your great, yet always debated amoungst each other comments.

Well, there is my boring a$$ story, thanks for reading. I have not been able to get the hang of the picture and picture size system, so bare with me and will have some pics showing soon. :screwy: :computer:

Anyways, if anyone has any questions on my boring story, feel free to ask.

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Signature pic...

Woohooooo, I got the signature setup. Time to move onto the Avatar!
More pictures coming soon!

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep checking at the album

I have my Blue'd out interior picture posted on my album. Will have more pics setup on album once I get off work computer and onto my own computer! :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Welcome aboard officially..

·
Registered
192 Posts
Where in socal are you located? Welcome to the forums! They have helped me with a lot of things as well. My favorite mustang forum yet.

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
:wave

·
Registered
102 Posts
:welcome

1 - 20 of 27 Posts