Modded Mustang Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ! First mod on my Mustang ! Can somebody help me ? I am doing the Shelby GT500 wheel in a 2007 Mustang GT Shelby BUT my old connector does not have the same colors as in the example. I have no white, no green and no red. Seems to me that red (power) is black and green (grouns) is black too. But white ? Thansk for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the necro bump but I seem to have issues with the cruise control. It lights up with the headlights so power is there but cruise doesn't work. All the wires are soldered to the proper wires.

I'm thinking it may be my ground loop. On the ground bolt I have 3 wires. I have the green wire eyelet from old connector, the green from the new harness, and there's a black wire with an eyelet from the new harness also. I didn't see this wire on the writeup. Should this be grounded?
I just did the swap and I'm having this same issue. Has anyone figured out a fix?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the necro bump but I seem to have issues with the cruise control. It lights up with the headlights so power is there but cruise doesn't work. All the wires are soldered to the proper wires.

I'm thinking it may be my ground loop. On the ground bolt I have 3 wires. I have the green wire eyelet from old connector, the green from the new harness, and there's a black wire with an eyelet from the new harness also. I didn't see this wire on the writeup. Should this be grounded?
I just did the swap and I'm having this same issue. Has anyone figured out a fix?
Bump. Anyone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did the same swap with my 2006 gt. My wheel control lights up when the lights are on.

I seen to have all the issues with my install though. My media controls shows different resistance values for each media button but my PAC swi-rc doesn't detect the entry via purple wire from the wheel to the white wire of the PAC. My cruise control just doesn't work when I tested it on the highway going 60mph.

My wheel version doesn't have the SYNC button or the phone button.

Any advice?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally got around to looking at it again. Have code p0581 cruise control circuit A high. Going to take apart my connection and resolder them. See if it makes any difference.
Im having the exact same problem as you and the same codes, did you ever figure it out?

81 - 85 of 85 Posts