Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the install and taking some stuff apart and was reading ajm's write up on doing it..These cams dont have a cam gear key or bolt..Its solid, the cam gears thread on..I guess they dont need to be degreed or cant degree them?? Dont know what to do..Baker help me lol

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Started the install and taking some stuff apart and was reading ajm's write up on doing it..These cams dont have a cam gear key or bolt..Its solid, the cam gears thread on..I guess they dont need to be degreed or cant degree them?? Dont know what to do..Baker help me lol
Cam gears thread on? wtf? Do they come with their own special cam gears or something? I never seen nothing like that unless you mean pressed on gears and those are for the older models 99-01 Mustangs, they have to make ones with keyways for our versions or some sort of markings to figure out where to degree to, pictures would help greatly

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill post a picture when i get home for work, there threaded on but im sure there threaded on and locked. Its weird, Baker has em, i know he didnt install but he still might know something.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AJM said they sent me windsors when are pressed on and i need romeo which are bolt on...............

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
yep, thats exactly what it sounds like. AJM knows his ****, and make sure to put the left cam in the right side and the right cam in the left side (looking at the front of the engine)

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
yep, thats exactly what it sounds like. AJM knows his ****, and make sure to put the left cam in the right side and the right cam in the left side (looking at the front of the engine)
Howd you learn that dolbs? jk jk. How are things going with your kid.

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
Things are great! cept he's got a bad problem of pissing on me everytime i change his diaper.

I learned the hard way, but i know next time how to do it properly. Also the outcome wasnt sooooo bad, i do have an extremely well built motor now! haha

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Things are great! cept he's got a bad problem of pissing on me everytime i change his diaper.

I learned the hard way, but i know next time how to do it properly. Also the outcome wasnt sooooo bad, i do have an extremely well built motor now! haha
:lmao that made my day

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
damn, that sucks for you bandit. What you gunna do.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Houston performance said there is no need to degree, they are ground to have plus or minus 1/2 degree on the centerline and he said thats perfect and fine. He said drop em in like factory and let her rip! Sending back all my degreeing **** back to summit

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
duh, forgot they are regrinds. I would have requested romeo's. you can't degree windsors. suprised they even sell windsors

the cams may be ground to perfection but they don't/can't take timing componet slop/maching into account which is the reason for degreeing

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah it sucks but whatever, they said they dont need to be degreed that there accurate on the centerlines. So ill be dropping them in this weekend or monday. wish me luck

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
duh, forgot they are regrinds. I would have requested romeo's. you can't degree windsors. suprised they even sell windsors

the cams may be ground to perfection but they don't/can't take timing componet slop/maching into account which is the reason for degreeing
Surprised me as well. Never seen a place that sells reground windsors. Im guessing whenever they do a cam install they just try to keep the oem ones, do their thing, and resell them? Regardless of romeo or windsor. Which id believe based off of bakers experience

I agree 100% with what you said, just didnt want to make things too complicated. **** happens. One way or the other id throw them in, set up your degreeing stuff and see what the ICL reads vs just sending the stuff back and not bothering. In the instance that you may skip a tooth on the chain itll be obvious and youll be able to fix the problem before you mess stuff up.

Not to be mean to dolbs but lets take him for example. He put the cams in opposite. Left on right, right on left. If he would have degreed; even just to verify the ICL was correct. He wouldnt have ran into the problems that he did.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
id throw them in, set up your degreeing stuff and see what the ICL reads vs just sending the stuff back and not bothering. In the instance that you may skip a tooth on the chain itll be obvious and youll be able to fix the problem before you mess stuff up
:yes

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i'll tell u what man if you end up thinkin its to big of a pain I'll take them off your hands for 250 bucks! :lol

j.k but good luck with the install man.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
gay gay gay! now im kinda pissed. I bought cam gears, spacers, washers, and cam bolts and sent them with my car down there. When i tear my motor apart, if i see that they did not use my **** on my car but instead kept it...... I WILL ****ING FLIP. They have already heard enough of me but i will try my BEST to **** their business up. I better have the bolt on stuff or when i head to houston, i may make a stop to slap the **** out of that old ass **** name steve!

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep you got f'ed or you got romeo cams then, they will use whatever is on the shelf, most likely they got you lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts