Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 91 mustang with 3.73's,trick flow track heat intake,75mm tb and spacer bbk,bbk fuel rail and regulator,bbk cai, cobra computer(X3Z),2 row radiator and blue hoses,hooker super comp long tubes, xpipe,40 series soon to be spintech pro streets,some gt40 ported polished and tfs stage 1 cam on the way I have an A9L with a 76mm bbk maf should I put that on.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with ported and polished gt40s I think more than that there not asgood as aluminum but there good.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea for now put it will have ported and polished gt40s and it also has underdrive pulleys

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't like bashing people for poor sentence structure, but I am completely lost trying to read that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Underdrive pulleys maybe two or three hp

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
cobra computer is calibrated for 24lb injectors and with your mods and even with the ported gt40 heads you don't need to switch to 24lb injectors your not making enough power to warrant it so sell the cobra computer it's got lame timing curve anyways

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
Well i have gt40 heads, Cobra intake manifold, pulleys, bbk shorty headers, xpipe, catback, msd ignition, 75mm tb, 75mm maf, and i made 248hp and 296 torque. So id say your gonna make more.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do have 24 pound injectors sorry for not stating plus i have a msd cap and rotor, dynamod tfi module and 8mm ford racing wire.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it should with more fuel and more spark. how couldn't it?

·
Registered
191 Posts
my old combination consisted of gt-40 heads box stock w spring upgrade,comp cam,gt-40 intake,76c&l 70tb i dnt knw how much power it made but it ran [email protected] so you should have a fun car who cares how much power you have if you dnt do anything with it

·
Registered
342 Posts
+1

You need more air before you need more fuel

·
Registered
342 Posts
and ignition upgrades may make the motor run noticeably smoother, but no power advantages

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You need more air before you need more fuel
Well I have all the air it could need Trickflow intake(track heat),bbk75mm tb and 76mm maf,bbk cai the only thing holding me back is until I get new heads and cam.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Well I have all the air it could need Trickflow intake(track heat),bbk75mm tb and 76mm maf,bbk cai the only thing holding me back is until I get new heads and cam.
track heat isn't THAT good, but it will work fine with your combo. The heads are the bottle neck so your missing a hell of a lot of air. Do the gt40's, upgrade the springs, or don't even install them. Your def not going to invest in a custom cam so I'd look into anderson cams. Call them and tell them your intake and head combo and they can pick a good shelf grind for you. Get some gear and call it a day. You go that route and it should sit nicely in the 12's.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
lol

take a totally stock 87-93 mustang and drop the fuel pressure to around 32 psi and you'll gain hp.. i know because i've seen it and have done it a few times. Leaner is meaner to a point. Just like anything too much of something is not good just ask Ron Jeremy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts