Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all im new to this forum. i have a 2001 Bullitt GT i am active duty army in iraq right now and with my bonus i bought a JLT Performance Ram Air Intake, GMS Ford 2V Hot-Street Coil Pack, NGK V-Power Performance Spark Plugs, DiabloSport Predator Mustang Tuner, Pypes X Pipe, SLP Loudmouth Bullet Style Mufflers, and as soon as i get home i am getting the KB 6-14** PSI KIT W/AC ('01 BULLITT) INTERCOOLED INCLUDES BOOST-A-PUMP, CHIP, 70MM THROTTLE BODY W/GT INLET TUBE, 2.1L. what do you with the hp will be without the KB and with it any guess?? all comments appreciated thanx

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
it all varies.....are you going to run 6 or 14psi or somwhere in between...more than likely right around 400 or so ...remember your going to have rod bending torque down low, so 14psi would rip your motor apart....i guess to keep it safe on a kb i would say no more than 8-10 i don't know from experience, just what i read on here.....
if you had a centri...i would say go for 14....if i don't sell my car i'm going to push it to 14-15psi...

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Woah bud, just a comment... if the motor is high mileage, then the chances are increased for breaking a rod.

its possible you will be fine with the kb but my friends car broke a rod under 6lbs of boost from a 1.7 old style KB so its up to you but i would get the internals changed.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
it all varies.....are you going to run 6 or 14psi or somwhere in between...more than likely right around 400 or so ...remember your going to have rod bending torque down low, so 14psi would rip your motor apart....i guess to keep it safe on a kb i would say no more than 8-10 i don't know from experience, just what i read on here.....
if you had a centri...i would say go for 14....if i don't sell my car i'm going to push it to 14-15psi...
i dunno i've i'd go that high on a stock rotating assembly man.. thats a lot for it to take.. i think 12 is about the limit, i definitely wouldn't do it if i wasn't in the position to build another motor

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i wasnt going to run the kb at 14psi i was thinking 9-10 should work well my car has 50,000m on it, sounds like i should be getting some good hp gains from everything else too

·
Registered
845 Posts
u should be around 400 with a good tune i wouldn't run 14 psi of boost 7 to 8 with a stock block is good and u still will make 375 to 400 to the rear that would keep iot safe

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just got my receipt from AM i also got Black Deep Dish Bullitt Wheel (18x10), Sumitomo High Performance HTR Z II Tire (285/35-18), Mustang Rear Window Louvers, Mustang Smoked Headlight Covers, Mustang Smoked Taillight Covers, Black Bullitt Wheel (17x9), Sumitomo High Performance HTR Z II Tire (275/40-17), Black Bullitt Style Mustang Fuel Door, Cervini's 1995 Style Cobra R Hood, 8-inch Fixed Black Antenna, Mustang Honeycomb Trim Panel, Mach 1 Style Mustang Chin Spoiler

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
thank you uncle sam eh?

sounds like itll be one sick ride!

·
Registered
978 Posts
question, if your putting the KB on there, why would you need the JLT Ram Air intake?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya 10,000 for my bonus:D well i got the jlt bcuz ive heard that the kb one isn all that great but if it is better thats what mt reciepts r for to return them lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
with just the mods you might get around 270-280 maybe and with the s/c around 10lbs and a good tune 400-425 easy. definitely dont run more than 10lbs on a stock motor unless you wanna replace that too, but 10lbs seems to be safe from what i hear so you shouldnt have too much trouble. although what i would consider doing if it were me is drop a 4v in, then you'd be the same as your 2v with a s/c plus you have a much better motor to build on. just my .02 cents though

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Gears gears gears, blower blower blower

1 - 20 of 32 Posts