Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!!

I have a set of NEW HP292s cams for sale They haven't been out of the box since I bought them in September except to take pictures.

These cams do not require valve springs or be degreed. Great cams for the money.

I prefer to do local deals, but will ship.

Price is $450.

PM me for a faster response.

These are for 01-04, they have the bolt on cam gears. The 99 and 00 can use them buy require bolt cam gears to be bought.

The specs per Houston Performance: 228/[email protected] 531/531lift 292/292dur 114lsa. Blower Grind.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Are these billet or regrinds?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Once again on this site also, they can be used on all pi 2v 4.6s. 99-00 will just need bolt on cam gears which are fairly cheap. Just to help you sell them
The aftermarket gears run about $150 if I remember correctly, and are adjustable.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
You dont need adjustable cam gears. Waste of money imo
It makes it a hellava lot easier to degree the cams. The alternative method is to make the crank key notch larger, a HUGE mistake IMO.

I do have the comp gears, I guess I did pay $250.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
These do not need to be degreed. So non adjustable cam gears would be fine.
That's true, you don't have to worry about PTV issues so degreeing is not required. However, I'd be interested in seeing the performance number between degreeing and not degreeing. I've always thought you would leave some potential power on the table not degreeing.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's true, you don't have to worry about PTV issues so degreeing is not required. However, I'd be interested in seeing the performance number between degreeing and not degreeing. I've always thought you would leave some potential power on the table not degreeing.
This is true, but most people won't spend the extra money to get them degreed or take the time to degree them. It's not REQUIRED, but degreeing them would be the right way to go.

·
procharged gt
562 Posts
I'm in Dillon SC. I will buy these. I have to work until Sunday but I can come pick them up or meet you.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
I talked to LT motorsports about degreeing my cams. they said I will onlt see 1 maybe 2 HP more if i degree them. Unsure if thats true or not

1 - 14 of 14 Posts