Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As everyone knows im going to swapping out heads and cams and fuel system and all that good stuff, but has anyone had any experience with either of these intake manifold's?? I'm laning toward the Hardball'r, but the P-51 ust looks nasty. The Hardball'r has more of a stock range, and the P-51 is from 3K to 6K. Which one do you reccomend or have had an experience with.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
No experience from either but i believe the Hardball'r is more of a street intake and the P-51 is more of a race intake. The P-51 works really good with FI.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's supposed to be a damn good intake, can handle nitrous backfires, mossive amounts of boost. Made from virgin aluminum......sounds sexy.
Now that I've researchd it a little bit more, the P-51 is a little bit more expensive as far as the intake from 799 plus the fuel rail kit for 347. HPS is an OEM design and will accept stock style.

·
Registered
748 Posts
jpc racing told me the p51 would be better suited ona blown application. they recommended the trickflow trackheat to me. fox lake and summit has it as far as i know. retail is 800 satin 900 black.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The hardball piece is just an aluminum version of the stock intake. No real flow advantages. I've seen it tested somewhere. They claim an increase in flow over the stock piece but not a bunch. On the bright side, its portable. The real advantage is, its a portable aluminum version of the stock intake that can take high boost and backfires. Its a start, but not quite as good as the trickflow, reichert or Logan.

·
Registered
302 Posts
That's wrong. the HPS intake isn't a aluminum versino of the stocker... the Typhoon is pretty close to that description. The Stock intake is a long runner small plenum design and the HPS is a mid-length runner HUGE plenum design. I use a modified 4.6 HPS intake and adapter plates on my 5.4 right now and it rocks. Doesn't suffer nearly like the stocker at higher rpm.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
That's wrong. the HPS intake isn't a aluminum versino of the stocker... the Typhoon is pretty close to that description. The Stock intake is a long runner small plenum design and the HPS is a mid-length runner HUGE plenum design. I use a modified 4.6 HPS intake and adapter plates on my 5.4 right now and it rocks. Doesn't suffer nearly like the stocker at higher rpm.
Agreed.

P51 will probably end up on my car evenutally.

·
Registered
856 Posts
i like the Logan Motorsports intake but it won't go on my car unless i decide to go forged and keep the 2V instead of a 4V or other car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts