Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i see that THR and HPS are now selling the Hardball'r intake. Maybe everyone already knows this and i am just behind which is most likely the case however has anyone installed one? They are claiming 15-20 hp. Just curious as i am considering it when i install my cams.

Let me know your thoughts!

Home

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well i just read one of the posts that one of the moderators of this board posted about how an intake upgrade would actually decrease hp if you have close to stock setup. Stating they are mainly for boosted and forced induction applications.

So my setup is i have a 5.4L relatively stock. It has a bassani x-pipe right now other than that its stock. I am using the 4.6l intake and the adapter plates. I have a set of stage I cams that will be going in shortly. I am having it tuned after the cams go in. So question is ..... would it be worth it for my setup to upgrade the intake with one of the after market ones? i don't see how it could hurt given my setup but im not an expert by no means! let me know what you think?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
hps is suppose to be coming out with an intake for the 5.4 swap. the stock intake flows well, but runs out of breath on the top end. i am hoping to have enough left over to buy an intake, and i am really concidering the hardballr myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts