Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any feed back good or bad ?I have fairpoint now and it's fn slow and I don't have the fios option. Was looking at the huges net dish. Thanks

·
Registered
829 Posts
Speed is good. They do cap you on your usage offering tiered data plans. Latency is an issue and you will experience some lag or end up unable to do things requiring a real time connection. Online First Person Shooter games are a no go as well as most Xbox Live and PSN games. It will work for MMO's however.

Do you get good cell service where you are located? Is 4g in your area? If you can get a 4G wireless connection through a mobile carrier such as verizon or at&t then go that route. Same deal with tiered data plans but no latency issues or lag. Prices are similar and no need to install a dish.

If 4g is unavailable a full signal 3g connection will transmit above 1.5Mbps(compareable to DSL) so that may even work better then what you have. I game it up on xbox live on a 3G connection.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys will throw some reps for you all when I hit my slow computer lol. Decided to try it out I have 30 days to ditch it if it sucks.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Its a scam. It sucks we signed IP for it and **** gave them our card numbers. They were assholes on the phone. Looked up reviews after that.....just Google it and you will see all the frustrated victims

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reps to all who posted above thanks guys. No way I'm going that route just got xfinity!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts