Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 366 Posts

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I did the unthinkable and went against all my beliefs and signed up to an online dating website. :facepalm: :naughty:

I don't normally date, however I've gone out to bars, clubs, bookstores, produce aisles, jury stands, etc to meet women. And so far, haven't found the right fit.

So I decided to give online a chance. With my job, I work upstairs in a government building and have limited exposure to meeting new people daily. I figured, I have nothing to lose. I'm not desperate, and so I can afford to have some fun with this. Being 24, single, owning a house, and making more than $75k a year, I haven't had much luck.

I figured if I should go on a date, and if I should meet new womenz, I'll update this thread along the way. ;)

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Good luck with it man. Online dating is VERY much a women's market. My female friends get multiple messages per day and women rate something like 80% of the guys they see as less attractive than average. I tend to send messages that key in to something in common between our profiles, and I'd be shocked if 1:10 women even give me even a basic response.

Admittedly, having a kid does limit my options a bit, so maybe you'll have better luck than I :)

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck with it man. Online dating is VERY much a women's market. My female friends get multiple messages per day and women rate something like 80% of the guys they see as less attractive than average. I tend to send messages that key in to something in common between our profiles, and I'd be shocked if 1:10 women even give me even a basic response.

Admittedly, having a kid does limit my options a bit, so maybe you'll have better luck than I :)
Thanks man. :)

Right now I'm trying to come up with a quirky/creative profile description. Its a lot harder than I imagined. The idea here is to get my description to stand out. I've had 2 profile views and 1 chick already message me. Albeit, she's not quite the type I'm looking for.

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
I'm on a couple just for fun(I am already talking to a girl at work). I've had a few girls message me that were good looking. However, trying to have a conversation with them was ****ing impossible. I would get 1 word responses and a smiley face.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm on a couple just for fun(I am already talking to a girl at work). I've had a few girls message me that were good looking. However, trying to have a conversation with them was ****ing impossible. I would get 1 word responses and a smiley face.

img
I can't stand that. So, here's what I'm thinking for a profile description so far:

I don’t like to gloat. But I’m pretty awesome, because I know how to change my own oil. I look good because I work out a lot. My idea of a perfect date would be under the stars eating top ramen and something exotic for desert, like a diced up granny smith apple with a hint of whipped topping.
I’m looking for someone who knows how to cook (or is willing to learn), clean (because it will be your duty), and fold laundry. If you do not do any of these, then we can work something out.
:lol

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
I was told by a guy I work with who is on Match one time that it's a numbers game. He said you will hardly ever get a response so don't waste a lot of time on detailed messages. He said basically treat it like a crap shoot and send a quick blurb to anyone you might be interested in and move on to the next one. He deemed it a waste of money by the end.

He also mentioned like BA said it was hard to carry a conversation with most of them.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told by a guy I work with who is on Match one time that it's a numbers game. He said you will hardly ever get a response so don't waste a lot of time on detailed messages. He said basically treat it like a crap shoot and send a quick blurb to anyone you might be interested in and move on to the next one. He deemed it a waste of money by the end.

He also mentioned like BA said it was hard to carry a conversation with most of them.
Was he a boring guy? lol

So, here's what I've officially come up with so far...

Let me guess, you’re on here looking for your prince charming. He doesn’t exist. And I won’t claim to be such a thing. I’m just a guy who learned that you grow up quicker when you’re on your own. At 21, I moved out of my parent’s house and purchased a home. I enjoy doing nice things like opening doors for strangers, saying “please” and “thank you”, and allowing cars to enter my lane without causing any danger. I’m ambitious, determined, and reliable just so you know. I won’t show up late, if we’re planning to go to a show. I tend to be candor so please don’t be upset when you ask for an opinion which quickly turns to regret. I work very hard for my house and my home that includes my cars and the lifestyle that I’ve sown. I’m outgoing and fun, so if you’d like to do something, I love soaking up the sun.
Feedback? :headscratcher:

Edit: that last line needs cleaning up.....

I think I'm going to change that line to "I’m outgoing and fun, so if you’d like to do something let’s find a place where there’s sun."

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Was he a boring guy? lol

So, here's what I've officially come up with so far...

Feedback? :headscratcher:

Edit: that last line needs cleaning up.....

I think I'm going to change that line to "I’m outgoing and fun, so if you’d like to do something let’s find a place where there’s sun."

He seems like a pretty decent guy we go to lunch together sometimes. He's a pretty active golfer, graduated from UT. In to sports I don't know your normal guy to me. I also have no idea what his profile said though.

Oh and feedback I got nothing I wouldn't even know where to begin if I was writing one of those.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He seems like a pretty decent guy we go to lunch together sometimes. He's a pretty active golfer, graduated from UT. In to sports I don't know your normal guy to me. I also have no idea what his profile said though.

Oh and feedback I got nothing I wouldn't even know where to begin if I was writing one of those.
I learned that how you describe yourself on these is everything. If you can't separate yourself from the thousands of other guys, you have no luck.

As for girls, each and every one of them is "outgoing, loves being outdoors, down to earth" yadda, yadda. :lol

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol, alright guys. To clear things up, I'm not hunting for a 1 nighter. If I wanted that, I'd just browse the bars down town.

So I messaged one chick and wrote "I think I like your hair". Her profile is about her being a dork and enjoying comedy, so I think I'll refer to her as Commy if our messages continue. She responded saying:

Not sure how to respond to you "think" you like my hair, thanks I guess lol
Obviously she wants me to PITTB. ....:shiftyeyes

Actually, since she responded, she's interested somewhat. Now for a witty response...

·
Gunna Go Fast!
1,355 Posts
Lol, alright guys. To clear things up, I'm not hunting for a 1 nighter. If I wanted that, I'd just browse the bars down town.

So I messaged one chick and wrote "I think I like your hair". Her profile is about her being a dork and enjoying comedy, so I think I'll refer to her as Commy if our messages continue. She responded saying:

Obviously she wants me to PITTB. ....:shiftyeyes

Actually, since she responded, she's interested somewhat. Now for a witty response...
Interesting choice in nickname haha.
Is she Korean?
If so that could pose a problem haha.

·
She Gone
230 Posts
I met my husband on an online dating site, with that being said, it will probably be harder for you as a guy.

Meaning, as a woman, I got probably 30 emails a day, and responded to maybe 3. Mostly because 99% of the messages I got were idiotic, illiterate, or sexual.

My husband said it was difficult being a guy on there, seeing as how most women sit and wait for the guy to message her first (Typical, right?!). What caught my attention most, was a sense of humor.

Make sure to get pics and Skype or something before getting serious, unless you want "Heather" to end up being a 45 year old man with more hair on his chest than his head. If that's what you want, though, go for it. :thumb:

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I met my husband on an online dating site, with that being said, it will probably be harder for you as a guy.

Meaning, as a woman, I got probably 30 emails a day, and responded to maybe 3. Mostly because 99% of the messages I got were idiotic, illiterate, or sexual.

My husband said it was difficult being a guy on there, seeing as how most women sit and wait for the guy to message her first (Typical, right?!). What caught my attention most, was a sense of humor.

Make sure to get pics and Skype or something before getting serious, unless you want "Heather" to end up being a 45 year old man with more hair on his chest than his head. If that's what you want, though, go for it. :thumb:
Hey, awesome to hear!

Lol @ Towelie. I might just put rocks in her muffler. :shiftyeyes

So update: I responded to Commy (she's not communist, I think):

Hey, it’s the thought that counts, right? You wouldn’t happen to be related to that famous country singer would you? “Don't you worry 'bout gettin' fixed up, when you wake up, you're pretty enough…”
Her last name is a digit off from Randy Hauser's last name. So this'll tell me if she listens to my kind of music, anyway.

Also, got another response from someone, who I'll call chat (chick with a hat):

Hey thanks for the message! you seem like a cool guy but I'm between moving right now and I'm not sure either place will be close to where your at! Good luck out there!
She's currently pursuing a masters, and my guess is she's moving back home. Worth responding?

Also, I got a message from another chick, who isn't bad looking actually. But she's too young for me (20), and doesn't quite fit what I'm looking for. I haven't read the message yet. lol

·
MM Official Sammich Maker
6,732 Posts
I had an online dating thing and after 8 days I deactivated it.
Got some of the most ****ed up responses and the one girl I did talk to; told me a story which made me say **** online dating all together.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had an online dating thing and after 8 days I deactivated it.
Got some of the most ****ed up responses and the one girl I did talk to; told me a story which made me say **** online dating all together.
You can't just post that as an opener.

Continue...

Also: Got a wink back from a blonde who likes to run. I think I'll call her blunder. going to write her a message now...

1 - 20 of 366 Posts