Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got my Hurst Shifter from AM yesterday and I put in in this afternoon. Install was fairly straight forward, although I think the hardest part was 1. The metal clip holding the bracket was for some reason was a pain 2. Trying to get the new shifter in the opening took about 15 minutes. Crazy I know, I don't know how some of you got it in easy. The rest of the install was very easy. Total time maybe 1.5 hrs.

All I have to say is I am very pleased. Throw is maybe 50% shorter. I like how the rubbery feel of the stock shifter is gone. I did use locktite on the install and I will see if I get the noise some mention.

Oh what next.......I want a Intake and tuner, but I think I need new tires soon so maybe wheels and tires. Time to start saving.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, I might look into getting one sometime, but now am working on rims/wheels and rear gears.
Thanks, me too. It will just take me a while to save up about 1200 for 18s wheels and tires.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Mines just starting to rattle a little bit so I think im going to tighten everything up and put some blue loctite on everything when I change the fluid.... if I can find my tube of loctite.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
awesome, short throw is on my list to go on with gears and a s/c!

·
Registered
272 Posts
If it rattles, DON'T OVERTIGHTEN! I tried to tighten mine the other day just with a basic socket wrench and actually busted the threaded portion of the bolt off the link. You can only get a new one by buying a complete new shifter from Ford for like $300!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts