Votes: 31 55.4%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am leaning more towards the hurst... but i also hear the mgw's adjustable length is also pretty cool... let me know what the pro's and con's are please... also where do they sell hurst shifter's with the black knob?

thank's

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
:drool

Sorry, got distracted by Zip's avi... what was the question again?

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
MGW, and I run an auto. Figure that out :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
From someone who's had a hurst I'd say get an MGW. The hurst feels aswome all day long but most times it tends to develop a rattling noise. I tried like the dickens to find it but gave up on it when I changed transmissions.

·
Registered
818 Posts
MGW all the way...I got a sweet deal on my triax. Definately better than stock but I plan on upgrading to MGW soon

·
Registered
932 Posts
From someone who's had a hurst I'd say get an MGW. The hurst feels aswome all day long but most times it tends to develop a rattling noise. I tried like the dickens to find it but gave up on it when I changed transmissions.
Did you try putting synthetic gear oil into the ball down in the shifter? I've heard a bunch of people say that fixed their rattle.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Did you try putting synthetic gear oil into the ball down in the shifter? I've heard a bunch of people say that fixed their rattle.
To be honest, I just turned the radio up an ignored it. The rattling didn't get fixed until I put my 6spd in.:yes

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
now instead of just yelling out mgw or hurst... can anyone tell me why they prefer one over another? i know the hurst cost 124781748x more and yes the adjustable length seems cool but how is the feeling for both? the hurst is really notchy.. when i felt it in my friends car's.. but it wasnt as stiff as the mgw if i remember correctly..

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
now instead of just yelling out mgw or hurst... can anyone tell me why they prefer one over another? i know the hurst cost 124781748x more and yes the adjustable length seems cool but how is the feeling for both? the hurst is really notchy.. when i felt it in my friends car's.. but it wasnt as stiff as the mgw if i remember correctly..

The billet comp/plus Hurst can be had for 80 bucks less than the MGW, Summit Racing sells it for 220. ;)

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I've not operated the MGW. Heard good things about it.

I have the Hurst Comp Plus, and it works great for me.

And they're supposed to be notchy- although bear in mind that the shifter will break in eventually and feel even better.

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've not operated the MGW. Heard good things about it.

I have the Hurst Comp Plus, and it works great for me.

And they're supposed to be notchy- although bear in mind that the shifter will break in eventually and feel even better.
each one has die hard fan's lol.. but i want to get one that will shift like butter and isnt too stiff... the main problem for me is i believe the hurst reuses couple of the OEM stuff. and mgw doesnt thus they cost more.. with the black shift ball the mgw cost like 370$ either way my main concern is would the hurst really rattle bad? i went to a stang meet and this dude said when he downshifts into 3rd with his hurst sounds like his tranny's gonna blow up lol..

1 - 20 of 176 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.