Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how 847$ project j97 paste wax from chemical guys is any better than my 15$ mothers nuba wax? I mean, wax is wax is it not? What are some concrete differences in the top shelf waxes as aposed to the bottom shelf waxes?

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
Holy **** I thought that you were kidding about the price. WTF? I feel like a baller for paying 40$ for wax. I've always used mothers nuba paste wax up until recently. Not that I'd really know but I'd guess it has to do with how it's composed and with what. -

"Carnauba wax is sold in several grades, labeled T1, T2, and T4, depending on the purity level. Purification is accomplished by filtration, centrifugation, and bleaching."

·
Registered
832 Posts
You will be surprised how expensive Wax can get...I saw it somewhere the most expensive wax in the world was 30k? 40k? I do not remember. It is just ridiculous.

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will be surprised how expensive Wax can get...I saw it somewhere the most expensive wax in the world was 30k? 40k? I do not remember. It is just ridiculous.
That's hilarious. And I don't understand how one wax is good for apparently one color, but it says it can be used on all colors.. I mean, if it looks good on that one specific color wouldn't it look just as good on a completely different color?

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Holy **** I thought that you were kidding about the price. WTF? I feel like a baller for paying 40$ for wax. I've always used mothers nuba paste wax up until recently. Not that I'd really know but I'd guess it has to do with how it's composed and with what. -

"Carnauba wax is sold in several grades, labeled T1, T2, and T4, depending on the purity level. Purification is accomplished by filtration, centrifugation, and bleaching."
Its the ingredients that go into the waxes, alot of waxes have carnauba wax from a specific leaf from a tree that is only found in certain parts of Brazil and only a certain time of year yada yada, its probably all marketing. I think it has more to do also with the number of pots they make.

I do think that the 100-300 dollar waxes can be different, providing crazy wet looks and better durability and such. But some waxes are just novelties lol.

Im actually doing a 4 way wax test between...
Petes 53 which is 40 bucks
Zymol Glasur $101
Wolfgang Fuzion $175 w/ free refill (shadow ill PM you with price if ur still in)
CG XXX ($20)

Shadow i got my refill in today, ill PM you back about it.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
its all on what someone wants
SwissVax Crystal Rock is $1700 I forget the names but Zymol has a $2500 and a $8000 wax

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
yea someone posted a wax here or on antother forum that had crushed diamonds and was like 15-20k i think.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Zymol Glasur $101
Wolfgang Fuzion $175 w/ free refill (shadow ill PM you with price if ur still in)
CG XXX ($20)

Tell me how Glasur goes , I have Japon, Cream, and Concours, I really like how Titanium looks but its a Pain to apply. Concours is good stuff but it wasn't all that much better than Carbon. Let me know how Glasur Works.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I have glasur and been using it for some time...I have read a few places glasur and Concours are pretty close but Concours has a little more durability.

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
Its the ingredients that go into the waxes, alot of waxes have carnauba wax from a specific leaf from a tree that is only found in certain parts of Brazil and only a certain time of year yada yada, its probably all marketing. I think it has more to do also with the number of pots they make.

I do think that the 100-300 dollar waxes can be different, providing crazy wet looks and better durability and such. But some waxes are just novelties lol.

Zymol Glasur $101
CG XXX ($20)

Shadow i got my refill in today, ill PM you back about it.
I'm still in if it's in my budget. I need to quit dropping money on detailing stuff lol. Going to do a write up?

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Its Solarais by Zymol that cost $30,000 only 25 were produced, free refills for life, and can be bequeathed. Vintage (pronounced Vin-TAHJ ) that is $2200 and Zymol Royale that is $8500. Try some Zymol, Carbon or Cream, you won't be disappointed.

Also, I do not feel like its hype, you truly get what you pay for. I use a quality wax, just like I use a quality oil, fuel, and tire. Just my .02

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
I have glasur and been using it for some time...I have read a few places glasur and Concours are pretty close but Concours has a little more durability.
In my opinion the 2011+ paint jobs are very similar to the rock hard paint jobs like that of the Porsche so I can see how glasur would work well. I really like councours, but I do feel like Titanium had a better durability

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
How does Titanium do with dusting as in collecting from driving. That is my one big thing I LOVE about glasur. pretty much ZERO dusting adheres to the car after driving it. normally the ass end of my car would be covered in dust after even a short 5min drive. With glasur the amount of dust that actually sticks to my car after driving it I can count each one. I never had another wax perform so well in that aspect. To me thats a huge plus if you got to a show. You no longer need a wool duster to clean the dust off your car before hand.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
I agree with the dust issue, titanium works perfect against dust, but it seems all the Hand Crafted do well. I see you like the high end zymol, If you want the sampler pack of the Concours Destiny and Atlantiqe at 2oz a pot I can give you the customer code to get it for 150.00 direct from zymol (I'm a good customer with Zymol) Ironically I'm sponsored by Mothers and Amsoil so their products are cheap for me too. Titanium is good stuff but when its a little cold and dries too fast, and its like buffing off concrete, P90x should come complementary with that stuff.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Hey if you want the tip ( not that it looks like you need it) after you have worked the zymol into the finish. Using a Steam cleaner with distilled water, lightly mist the wax, ( hold the steam cleaner about a foot off) to evenly coat the wax in a very thin layer of water and buff.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Glasur acts the same way. I tried to wax my car the other day was about 47 out and it dried to quick and was a bit of a PITA to remove so i didnt do the rest of the car. Just the tops. ill let you know about the sampler. how small are the jars? can you even get a applicator in them to get the wax out

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
this month is " HappyHolidays" for the Promo Code Zymol.com I just use my hands (clean). The only wax I know of that has to be refrigerated. I saw Zymol products at walmart, That cleaner wax was like a Dust Magnet. Sure do like the way they all smell.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
yea this stuff does melt at anything above 70..i have to keep it in the fridge during the summer

1 - 20 of 75 Posts