Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
They look greaIt. The front is perfect, but I agree the back looks slightly tucked. It's always nice when you do something major like this. Gives you one of those warm feelings inside like you have a brand new car again lol.
thanks man, yea I cant stop looking at it, lol

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

:thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I signed up just to give you praise and thank you!! I just purchased an 02 gt in mineral grey and am looking at coilovers and xxr 531's. That said, do you think you could run the 11" wheels out back? The fronts are perfect from what I can see, but I'll likely go an inch lower or so.

Thanks!

·
Mustang Enthusiast
218 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, these are made buy wheel mate which hotchkis sells Hotchkis Sport Suspension they are forged chrome vanadium which is a tool steel. These are not eBay lugs and cost a pretty penny. mustang require 110 ft-lbs actually but I'm going to try torquing at 90 and see from there. I used to have the spline lug nuts but had very bad experience with them, torquing them down to 110 ft-lbs multiple times the tool broke and I believe they're only made of mild steel like 1010 so they rusted I just didn't want to run those again, they're 30.00 for a reason, best lug nuts IMHO are mcgards, which I was running before the new wheels read nothing but positive reviews on the monster lugs so I thought I'd give it a try
If anything you can just buy the hex style gorilla lug nuts (Gorilla Automotive Products - Lug Nuts, Wheel Locks, Auto Security, Wheel Accessories) According to their website they are .92" which is about 23.3mm wide (I used google to convert it :naughty:) and they also look cool in my opinion.

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I signed up just to give you praise and thank you!! I just purchased an 02 gt in mineral grey and am looking at coilovers and xxr 531's. That said, do you think you could run the 11" wheels out back? The fronts are perfect from what I can see, but I'll likely go an inch lower or so.

Thanks!
Thanks man, yea iroush is running 18x11 on all four corners I believe.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

18x11's on 315's

That looks awesome

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

If anything you can just buy the hex style gorilla lug nuts (Gorilla Automotive Products - Lug Nuts, Wheel Locks, Auto Security, Wheel Accessories) According to their website they are .92" which is about 23.3mm wide (I used google to convert it :naughty:) and they also look cool in my opinion.
Yea I saw those too, I like how there's a hex socket but, I have gorilla lug nuts on my HEMI magnum and they are rusted all over, I was kind of disappointed because I was told for they were brick **** house. A few on and off with the impact and the finish on the lug nuts looks awful. My mcgards have been impacted many times and they look perfect not a spec of rust on them they're guaranteed forever from the manf.

If I could I would have reused them but the monster lugs were the next best think, very good quality and they are 22mm wide :) just a little more wiggle room.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That looks amazing! I think I am just going to go with the 9.5 also and rock a spacer and wider tire maybe. Are you square on all of your tires as well? 255's?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looking good! Next level motoring has the weight posted on each wheel. I get a lot of compliments on my 521's so I'm not surprised about how good the 531's look on yours!

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
315/30/18

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

:naughty: looks real good!!
:cool:

hot damn those 315s look nice

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

That looks amazing! I think I am just going to go with the 9.5 also and rock a spacer and wider tire maybe. Are you square on all of your tires as well? 255's?
thanks man, no with the 255s there's a little stretch, a 275 would be square on a 9.5. The new hellcat challenger has 9.5s on all four corners with 275s and that beasts got 707hp

·
Registered
5 Posts
:cool:

hot damn those 315s look nice

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

thanks man, no with the 255s there's a little stretch, a 275 would be square on a 9.5. The new hellcat challenger has 9.5s on all four corners with 275s and that beasts got 707hp
My apologies, by square I meant the same setup on all four corners and not staggered? Are you rocking 255's on all four?

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Looking good! Next level motoring has the weight posted on each wheel. I get a lot of compliments on my 521's so I'm not surprised about how good the 531's look on yours!
reps didnt notice that on nl, I actually bought mine on ebay which came out a little cheaper. Yea the 521s are nice too esp. 18x10s on all 4 corners :drool, I almost got the 535s but I couldnt get them in a size I wanted where I could still use my brand new conti tires.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
i just realized that i have no good pics of my car. :( just these from when it was sitting in the shop. ill have to polish her up and get some good shots!!

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
My apologies, by square I meant the same setup on all four corners and not staggered? Are you rocking 255's on all four?
ah....yes im 255 on all four, long story short I git a good deal on some 18x9 cobra Rs that had chrome flaking on them. So I refinished them and while I was doing so I ordered tires for the wheels. Well 2 months of sand blasting and painting just to find out 2 of the wheels are warped so I said F it and got these. Next time im going to go with some 275s.

I did some rough measuring and with 25mm offset a 1" spacer should bring the wheels flush in the back.

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

i just realized that i have no good pics of my car. :( just these from when it was sitting in the shop. ill have to polish her up and get some good shots!!

Im really digging the gold, thats looks really good what size wheels?

·
Registered
634 Posts
OK, so I'm going to be the turd in the punch bowl. I don't care for that style wheel on a mustang. Looks like it came off a BMW or maybe a pimped out Chrylser 300. If you're going for a refined formal look maybe, but personally I prefer my car to look more like a muscle car. I'm old school and still think the bullit style is timeless hot rod.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
17x9 in front and 17x10 out back. rear tires are toyo proxes tq 315/35/17

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
OK, so I'm going to be the turd in the punch bowl. I don't care for that style wheel on a mustang. Looks like it came off a BMW or maybe a pimped out Chrylser 300. If you're going for a refined formal look maybe, but personally I prefer my car to look more like a muscle car. I'm old school and still think the bullit style is timeless hot rod.
That's cool not everyone sees things the same so that's why there are so many different wheels out there. I had bullits since 07 I will admit they do look nice but it just looked like every other mustang. I also had fr500s and I didn't care for those these are the first wheels I've had in a long time that I just love them, and honestly pics don't do them justice.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
That's cool not everyone sees things the same so that's why there are so many different wheels out there. I had bullits since 07 I will admit they do look nice but it just looked like every other mustang. I also had fr500s and I didn't care for those these are the first wheels I've had in a long time that I just love them, and honestly pics don't do them justice.
I don't know why in the mustang community, but it's out of the norm for the typical owner to use wheels outside of something that came factory on some mustang model or one from Ford Racing. TBH, I'm not impressed by the selection offered at places like AM. I've been seeing the all the same wheels on different mustangs since I was in middle school. Some of them look nice, but it's too common for my liking.

I've always wanted to use something different than a mustang wheel on my car. I don't know of too many other car communities that are glued to a specific manufacturer or type of wheel.

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I don't know why in the mustang community, but it's out of the norm for the typical owner to use wheels outside of something that came factory on some mustang model or one from Ford Racing. TBH, I'm not impressed by the selection offered at places like AM. I've been seeing the all the same wheels on different mustangs since I was in middle school. Some of them look nice, but it's too common for my liking.

I've always wanted to use something different than a mustang wheel on my car. I don't know of too many other car communities that are glued to a specific manufacturer or type of wheel.
I couldn't agree more, its okay to break the mold :)

21 - 40 of 50 Posts