Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trip from Atlanta to Wilmington, Nc w/ my son. Filled up 2 miles off the expressway and ran interstate the whole way. Cruise set on 72 and did not have to use the a/c as temps were cool that day. Car made 377 miles on the tank and got 27.14 mpg, by far the best I've ever gotten. Previous was 358 miles on a tank. I ran 93 octane the whole trip. The low fuel light came on and i went another 10 miles till I found a station. The last 75 miles i slowed down to about 65mph. Very pleased w/ this, car is mostly stock and has stock 3.27 gears.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Dude! Not bad. Makes me wish I had a 5-speed instead of an automatic a lot of times, just for the better gas mileage. Running at 72 puts you around 2100 RPM I imagine?

Are the FR500's lighter than stock wheels? I have some cobra R repro's that weigh a ton, I put them on my truck for a little bit and it handled like crap because they were so heavy (power steering was getting pushed pretty hard). I'm interested to see how they will affect handling and gas mileage on the stang. Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude! Not bad. Makes me wish I had a 5-speed instead of an automatic a lot of times, just for the better gas mileage. Running at 72 puts you around 2100 RPM I imagine?

Are the FR500's lighter than stock wheels? I have some cobra R repro's that weigh a ton, I put them on my truck for a little bit and it handled like crap because they were so heavy (power steering was getting pushed pretty hard). I'm interested to see how they will affect handling and gas mileage on the stang. Thanks for the update!
Funny you mentioned the wheels cause the FR500's are for sure heavier than the stock wheels/tires. I ran 32psi cold in the tires. I was turning right at 1900 rpm indicated. The 18" tires are just a little more dia. 25.85 vs. 25.68 on the stock 17" tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts