Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at purchasing a tuner, everyone says SCT are great but hypertech has one called a hyperpac with onboard computer. Anyone used or heard about these?

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
SCT is indeed pretty popular. Haven't heard of Hypertech...subscribed for future posts.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Get the SCT. I think hypertech is used my the GM crowd.

·
Banned
102 Posts
SCT by FAR. Let me tell you something about hypercrap. i got one for my 1998 z28. it did NOTHING. I felt no difference in power what so EVER. All it said it did was adjust shift points. it don't even add horsepower. its nothing but shift points. they don't have race tunes such as the SCT does. it has none of that.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that uses anything other than sct or diablosport for tuning your car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
SCT by FAR. Let me tell you something about hypercrap. i got one for my 1998 z28. it did NOTHING. I felt no difference in power what so EVER. All it said it did was adjust shift points. it don't even add horsepower. its nothing but shift points. they don't have race tunes such as the SCT does. it has none of that.
+ 1 Did the exact same thing on my 97' z28 with the lt1 instead of the ls1, and just like posted above. Didn't do a damn thing but change shift points and correct my speedo. I could't tell a difference whatsoever.
Had a superchips tuner for my 01' mustang gt and with a couple of bolt ons it started detonating. That was just the basic superchip tuner years ago, but from what I heard this new one is really good.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
I bought hypertech for my last car, before I really did any search. Waste of money. You cant do anything with it really, and no decent tuner uses it. I did the right thing and got the SCT for this one. So +1 for SCT also

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Dammit, Seabee, your car turns me on. :drool

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
I used a hypertech on my f150 and it was trash. I felt no difference at all. Sct all the way.

·
mac prochamber $$$$ smh
192 Posts
Once again a thread revival. I got a hypertech tuner from a friend at work for really cheap. I can adjust for rear end gearing like 20 dif kinds of cai take off the governor adjust the temp the fans kick on and something else. I forget. But I took it out for a drive and noticed a change immediately. I don't know why you other guys didn't. I do plan on getting a SCT but I got this one for 60 bucks so why not lol.

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
i just tuned my 05 gt with the intune diablosport .definately felt a deffrence ,much more peppy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts