Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of a hypothetical question, I'm just kind of wondering for future reference right now. But if I wanted to supercharge my 03 GT sometime, and I wanted it to have that whine that a Cobra has, what would I need to do achieve that? I read the sticky on this subject, so I'm not asking how I can fit a Cobra Eaton blower on my GT, but I'm wondering what I will need to do to get that sound and not end up spending loads of useless money trying to get it and then end up lacking all the potential power I could be making if I did it right.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
the whine that a cobra has?
just buy a twin screw supercharger and there you go?
maybe im not understanding the question

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the positive displacement blowers have that screamin child sound. (kenne bell, saleencharger, roushcharger, etc)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks guys. Yeah I know any supercharger will whine, but theres just something about the way a Cobra blower screams that I know I will be looking for when I do get one. So basically any of those brands mentioned above will get me something like that.

Thanks a lot

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Ok thanks guys. Yeah I know any supercharger will whine, but theres just something about the way a Cobra blower screams that I know I will be looking for when I do get one. So basically any of those brands mentioned above will get me something like that.

Thanks a lot
:yes

·
Registered
3,528 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So... I looked at the Kenne Bell 2.1 kit for the GT, says its "Whisper quiet, no embarassing or annoying gear noise" They couldn't possibly mean it won't scream... I watched a few videos and they sound awesome, I just don't understand how they can say it's "whisper quiet"? Is the gear noise something else that actaully IS annoying?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
talking about the usual whine. dont worry, it will still have a whine to it, just not as loud as the older ones. just build the motor and turn up the boost, itll scream like no ones bussiness.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The only draw back is that they are really expensive and run alot hotter than a centri. I would go with a procharger

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only draw back is that they are really expensive and run alot hotter than a centri. I would go with a procharger
Yeah I noticed that. They are very expensive, won't be for quite a while, so I'll have plenty of time to save and do my research.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I always wanted to Kenne Bell my GT, but after reading about the prochargers and there warranty compared to that of Kenne Bell. I started to lean towards the procharger.

Dont get me wrong, Kenne Bells are my favorite because of the noise and the power right there when you need it, but way to expensive

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can tell you now that KB is a top notch blower.. I am very happy so far.

BUT, I do not notice the whine coming from it hardly at all. Yea sometimes I hear it more distinct then other times, but it is quite for a blower. Everyone else that hears the car always say they can definitly her the whine under the hood.

I'm just so use to it I think.:( Wish it was louder.:D

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
It also depends which KB you get. the 2.1L or the 2.5L I think it is. Also when you change the pulley , it sound lowder. Check on youtube.com they have a couple in there

1 - 20 of 26 Posts