Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bean having a problem with my car stalling and have a hard time idle,the MAF is good IAC is good,I swap those two from my grand marquis made no difference,I put fresh gas change the fuel filter still no change,I check for vacuum leak I dont seems to have a leak any other ideas?
by the way some time she will idle some time she surges rpm goes up down and stall,and the time she idles is weird like the timing is of,I dont know what else to do any ideas is very welcome.

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more interesting think when she idles if I press the brake hard she stalls WTF is that got to do with the idle.......

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
TPS or Hydroboost system is on its way out the door. Does it also die when you turn the wheel while idling?

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I check seems to work if I unplug it engine goes crazy,how do you check for a vacuum leak?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
unlike older cars that have vacuum assisted brakes, our brakes run off the hydraulics of the power steering pump for the assistance. Take the belt off and start the car up for a short time and see if it idles any better.

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
unlike older cars that have vacuum assisted brakes, our brakes run off the hydraulics of the power steering pump for the assistance. Take the belt off and start the car up for a short time and see if it idles any better.
the steering dos not affect it but the brakes dos,Ill try that tomorrow

·
Registered
697 Posts
Do you have a fenderwell cold air intake like BBK? Some times that sharp 90 turn will cause erratic MAF readings and MAF sensor will ne to be clocked to compensate.

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have a fenderwell cold air intake like BBK? Some times that sharp 90 turn will cause erratic MAF readings and MAF sensor will ne to be clocked to compensate.
yes thats what I have BBKin fender
what do you mean MAF sensor will ned to be clocked to compensate. how do you do that?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Rotate the sensor housing so that the sensor is at the top of the 90 degree bend in the pipe (ie rotate the MAF housing toward the engine). You can even do this while the engine is running and clamps loose to see what the engine likes best.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I don't think that would be the case at all, the stock air cleaner has a 90 degree turn because of the snorkle

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Check your fuel pressure also... could be signs of a weak pump

·
Registered
697 Posts
I don't think that would be the case at all, the stock air cleaner has a 90 degree turn because of the snorkle
The stock intake takes air from the fender but the piping is straight and does not have any bends In the pipe that causes turbulent airflow before the MAF. This turn into the fender with BBK intake that close to the sensor can absolutely cause surging issues. Imagine air as a fluid (because it is). Think about it, the majority of airflow is collected at the inside wall of the pipe as the path of air takes a sharp turn just before the sensor meters incoming air. Meaning, unmetered air is entering the engine which will cause surging and idling problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts