Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting a bran new set of rivhmond 4.10's from my buddy for $75 he bought them about a year ago and he is to broke to put em in so they are mine now... however i wanted to put in 3.73's behind my t-5 but i couldnt pass up the deal...but now i saw that motive performance makes a 3.90... i think that would be perfect for me... does anyone else have this gear in their car???

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
The difference between 3.73 and 4.10 gears at cruising is only like 150 rpms...

Personally I'd say go with 3.73s gives you more room to grow in the future. With 4:10s you'll have to go up in tire size as your trap speeds get up there.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i can stay in 4th when i pass the trap ill be alright.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
yes...I am at redline at about 116 mph in 4th gear with 3.73s and 26 inch tires.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm.. that sounds almost perfect.. i am going to be getting a set of M/T et streets for the track i belive they are 28" tall. i think ill try the 4.10's just cause the deal i got on them if they end up being to much ill switch to a set of 3.73 or 3.90

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
i have 3.73's and since getting them i get no gas mileage anymore

maybe when i find another job it wont be so bad but right now its really hard on me

but i absolutely love them can only image what 4.11's would be like but with a C4 that was impossible im already at 2800 rpms going 65mph

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
hmmm.. that sounds almost perfect.. i am going to be getting a set of M/T et streets for the track i belive they are 28" tall. i think ill try the 4.10's just cause the deal i got on them if they end up being to much ill switch to a set of 3.73 or 3.90
With a 28" tire you'll be good. You might want to test fit that 28" tire first though. Its a tight fit in the stock wheel wells. They do tend to fit better in the LXs vs. Gts though. The GT ground effects get in the way and rub the tires as they grow at high speed.

MT also makes a 27" ET street.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The 28s worked fine on my '89 LX until 117 mph then they grew enough that they rubbed slightly on the front lip of the wheel well. Went to an adjustable lower as well as the upper and was able to get the clearance without having to re-radius the wheel well.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
yeah, I ruined one new 28" ET drag in one pass. there was a bolt hanging out of my ground effects just slightly and when the tires grew that bolt shaved a groove in the tire all the way down to the nylon cords.

Lesson learned. Always remember that tires grow at high speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts