Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Nitrous express Kit on my 2008 GT. Works Great. I want to change the plugs to some a bit colder as recommended by Nitrous express.
When I spoke with Nitrous Express they told me to run NGK's. I was also told to call NKG directly to ask which part number would work becaus ethe 2008 uses the "newer style" plug.
NGK told me to use their "NEW" plug part# 7554 which is an Iridium but the ONLY one made that is 1 heat range colder for the 2008 Mustang.
I went to install them and they are way too small, thread wise that is.
Do I maybe have an "early 2008" which uses the larger plugs like the 2007??
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I installed a Nitrous express Kit on my 2008 GT. Works Great. I want to change the plugs to some a bit colder as recommended by Nitrous express.
When I spoke with Nitrous Express they told me to run NGK's. I was also told to call NKG directly to ask which part number would work becaus ethe 2008 uses the "newer style" plug.
NGK told me to use their "NEW" plug part# 7554 which is an Iridium but the ONLY one made that is 1 heat range colder for the 2008 Mustang.
I went to install them and they are way too small, thread wise that is.
Do I maybe have an "early 2008" which uses the larger plugs like the 2007??
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Jack
I don't think NGK makes a plug for our cars. I've never heard anyone talk about them. The brands that I hear about are Brisk, Autolite, & Champion.
On the NGK website the only products I saw for our cars were O2 sensors.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the same thing. I talked NGK tech and he told me this is a brand new part number for the GT. HE must have been stoned.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I thought the same thing. I talked NGK tech and he told me this is a brand new part number for the GT. HE must have been stoned.
Could be that they are making them now. A lot of companies are really bad at updating websites. But send them back and tell them to send whatever they are smoking.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
they prolly sold you the plugs for the 4v Cobra motor!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I undestand the early 08's had the same plugs as the 05-07's. Then the mid 08 and 09 have the new smaller 12mm plugs

·
Registered
932 Posts
No, I think NGK does make a plug for our car. Why? Lookie here....

I'm doing a supercharger install and the plugs that came with my kit don't fit.

Old plug on the left, new plug on the right. The one on the right is an Autolite HT0. I need a skinny one like my original on the right.

I got this kit form JDM whose website says their kit has Autlite plugs or NGK plugs depending on the model year. They clearly sent me the wrong plugs.

Dude, where are you? We need to trade plugs! I need these damn things YESTERDAY. I'm on a schedule here. JDM will surely swap me out if need be (and its needs be...).

If you are driving distance from central Mississippi, I'll hop in the freaking car right now. Seriously.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im in Chicago and I have the right ones for your car. They look exactly like the one on the left on your picture.
They are NGK 7554 and are suppose to be their new plug for the 2008 and up "new style" head that is 1 heat range colder.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
No, I think NGK does make a plug for our car. Why? Lookie here....

I'm doing a supercharger install and the plugs that came with my kit don't fit.

Old plug on the left, new plug on the right. The one on the right is an Autolite HT0. I need a skinny one like my original on the right.

I got this kit form JDM whose website says their kit has Autlite plugs or NGK plugs depending on the model year. They clearly sent me the wrong plugs.

Dude, where are you? We need to trade plugs! I need these damn things YESTERDAY. I'm on a schedule here. JDM will surely swap me out if need be (and its needs be...).

If you are driving distance from central Mississippi, I'll hop in the freaking car right now. Seriously.
That looks like a plug for a 05-07 head, the 08-up are standard style

1 - 9 of 9 Posts