Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I cannot find the correct fitting to plumb my rack and pinion. My first mistake was using TCI...NEVER AGAIN. I refuse to call the company for any help. I figure these fittings should be easy enough to find, right? Wrong. I'd like to find the correct fittings from the picture above and adapt to -6an and run steel braided hose. Russell Performance, Summit Racing, Google Search, Ebay, and Amazon can't find this fitting for me. I can find o-ring fittings but I can't find teflon style fittings. Can anyone help me out?

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I never see 67svtstang on the forum anymore, but he might respond to a PM. He obviously solved a lot of the TCI woes, so I would try him first. I remmember be was spending a ton of money at McMaster-Carr.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I know how frustrating projects can be at times. You may want to reconsider just calling TCI and asking about that fitting. I would assume they have them in stock or know where to get them since their system is designed around it.

Many times I've tried to cut corners and use local pieces, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I wouldn't wanna chance it with something like a R&P, steering is pretty important, and that part is expensive to replace if it gets messed up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts