·
Banned
848 Posts
:pics

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL let me upload one real quick... I only took a quick one with my cell phone because it started to rain... I will take more from my digital camera tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Clay is crazy. It's strange how you can feel the surface smooth out as you use it. I never knew how much of a differance it made till I used it. Only draw back is it takes time and elbow grease!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
man i use to detail cars at a dealership, and i wasent a pro, but you should learn how to wetsand, compound, then polish a car with a high speed buffer... makes the car look brand new, but i would practice on a junk part because you can burn the paint easy, but the claybar can be ur best friend somtimes

·
Registered
400 Posts
I clayed mine about a month ago. it works really well. I wish i could wet sand and buff though.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
most of the time you will not need to wet sand, we always had to because our painter would always wear smell good **** in the booth and we would have fish eyes in our paint, but its not really that hard, its just one of those things you need to take your time on

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
my neighbor is a huge car guy. and he used to buff cars for a living and the first day i bought my stang he said this coming spring he is going to buff out all my scratches and fill in all the chips in the front end and he said he is going to teach me how to wax my car and stuff. i cant wait.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Forum user "workinprogress" knows a boatload about this stuff. I've read a few of his posts on detailing, and they taught me plenty- you better believe after the snow clears up and the sun starts shining enough to get past 35 degrees that I'm using some of his tips in making my baby look good.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
well well well looks like i have been called out agaain lol...any specific questions?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Is there a particular clay bar kit to get or are they all about the same?

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
I used a Meguires clay kit. Comes with clay, quick detailer, a micro fiber cloth and a little bottle of wax.

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
Im kind of afraid to clay my black car , Im afraid of swirling it or something awful. I clay my white cars twice a year with no problem but black is a whoooolle 'nother story.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
clary bars cool, buy turtle wax now has the liquid clay bar that works amazing actually try it its worth the fifteen bucks and you dont have to worry about scratching the car and it has amazing results, that plus the wax is sweet

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Man I washed and dried my car yesterday, then ran the clay bar over it, and while the results are awesome, my buddy dropped the clay bar on the floor after doing only the top. Better believed he waxed the rest of the entire car :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts