Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I decided to grow some [email protected] and finally do SOMETHING to my car. The motivation came over the weekend when a v6 was revving up at me at a stoplight and I realized how quite my car was. I got a saw and started sawing away. After about 15 minutes. I had the mufflers removed. Picked up some 2 1/2 inch pipe and put 2 20 degree bends in the shape of an S and got my buddy to weld it for me. My official first upgrade to the car is straight pipes.

Now I had a lot of people telling me that it would be too loud and it wouldn't sound good ect. ect. I wasn't able to afford an exhaust system, but I wanted something that sounded better than stockers. I am VERY pleased with the sound now. It's not too overbearing, but now it has a nice manly sound. I don't feel like I'm driving my wifes car around all the time. I can even notice a slight more power in the 2,700-4,000 RMP range. Not much of a power difference but I LOVE the new sound.

So to anyone who is thinking about making this modification to your car as a first I would strongly recommend it regardless of what you hear. Worse case scenario? You don't like it and you end up having to buy some real pipes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be posted tomorrow. The only camera I have is the one on my Motorola Droid so the sound quality might not be that great. I'm not saying its going to be horrible but just in case it is.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
sounds just as shitty as i thought it would.
:yes

:flamesuitactivate:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, it'll be aight until I can afford those BBK o/r x pipes. It doesn't sound exactly like the video. The popping was from the phone. It cant handle loud noise. Did the same thing when recording the new years fireworks.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
That sounds pretty decent. Definayely better than the stock sound.

·
Registered
283 Posts
What really matters here. Is if you are happy with it. I think it sounds ok. For pretty much being free.you might try some custom shops. The may make an x pipe cheaper. Never know??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I appreciate the feed back guys. Epically those who understand that this was made on a limited budget and was only done to give the car some kind of life. Thanks no_pi and 98RedGT.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Definitely sounds a lot better in person, a few people around here did the same thing, I would look at getting some mufflers on there before you get an O/R pipe of any kind, the lack of back pressure and muffling will kill your power and sound like all hell

1 - 17 of 17 Posts