Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i went to the track last night, every single run SUCKEDDDD ass!! and on top of that it was so crowded i only go to run 3 times in 3 1/2 hours!!!

first run, came up to the plate with the nitrous off, tryed burning out but the car just did not want to power brake......came up to stage, staged, then looked over at my competitor "a newb biker" waiting for him to stage, then i turn to look back in my lane and they are already counting my tree down!!! did not get a good launch at all and ****ed it all up! 14.6

second run, burned out in the water box and came to stage, rolled past it JUST a hair, so i had to back up, and when i was backing up and got the TWO yellow lights to finally come on they automaticly dropped the tree on me, i didnt even have time to get out of reverse!!!!!! 14.2

run three, turned the nitrous on. got a good burnout finally! rolled up to the line, staged and waited on the other person, got my revs up to about 4,200 then took off, it bogged BAD! finally took off, hit second and the nitrous came on....i had a 2.2 60ft on that run and a 13.6 run at 108mph

i was really pissed how packed a small town track was, i was there almost 4 hours and never got the practice i needed to dial it all down right. i know if i could have gotten a good launch i would have been in the 12's

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
damn.. sounds like you were on the right track. Ill be the 1st to tell ya, practice def helps. Sucks it was so crowded.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, it was my first time NOT on street tires so i was trying to get a feel for that, i just couldnt get any practice in and im really un happy with it, i traveld 2hrs for that?!?!?!

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Very unfortunate.

Did you beat the biker?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to be honest i dont remember, lol....i was so nervous about launching and trying to get a good run i kinda zoned out on everything else....ill see if i can find my time slip from it and ill let ya know,

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
:hug Better luck next time...

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
wow yeah that sucks. no offense. but you should have no problem with those.

on another note, you did say you bogged so just try launching higher

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
dont ever look at the other racer. just slow things down, take your time, and worry about yourself. believe me, i completely understand the race jitters at the track. just watch the christmas tree and take your time. if its a test and tune day your time does not start until your launch. That means you can sit there and take your time even after the light turns green. take advantage of that next time you go and just take your time. a lot of success at the track can be attributed to focus.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
yeah man definitely practice. makes a huge difference. you will get it soon! just get used to those tires. at least the problem is just bogging and not spinning. so you know all you gotta do is launch a little higher :D

you will get it and once you do you got twelves in the bag...especially with that trap and considering the sixty foot will be a lot lower

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the final run of the night, was when i had the horrible bog, but i also sprayed that run at a 75shot, but not out of the hole, i hit it in second gear.....heres the specs from the run

reaction----.367
60ft--------2.1
330ft-------5.9
1/8---------8.9
1/8 mph----82
1/4 et------13.6
1/4 mph----108.7

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
you do realize that you can sit at the tree for 15 minutes and it wont effect your time right? I hardly ever launch off the tree unless i'm racing a buddy of mine. Id rather get a good run in then worry about me reaction time

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
suprising you guys arent breaking the rear ends launching that hard..I launced at 3k and broke my spider gears on MT street radiails

1 - 20 of 26 Posts