Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8.8 rearend with 3.73 gears....:D

Oh my god this should have been my first mod to do :yes I just freakin luv it. It shifts faster than before. It use to shift at 4500 rpms and now it shifts at 5k :p

I dont know what else to say but this has been the best mod ive ever done to my stang, im speechless. No more one wheel burn-outs ;)

I think ill be in the 15's now :rolleyes:

Big thanx to Iron Horse Motorsports :cool:

Ill be sure to make a new vid

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good man, I take it you painted it? Also how much did you pick it up for?
well the shop i took it too did it for me

i picked up the 8.8rearend with its stock gears for 200. Then i bought 3.73's to get them installed, that was 100 bucks for the gears. Then labor was another 300

so in total 600 with parts/labor :cool:

shoot they even added new bearings too whenever the installed the 3.73's. I luv the shop i take it to, they do awsome work :D

like i didnt even expect them to paint it for me but they did and im happy with the results

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Nice bro. That would prolly really help my car's response off the line as well. I should be sitting around 16.5 with my tuner now. That would prolly push the car in the mod to high 15s. Add a simple turbo and you could be lookin at 14s or even better.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice bro. That would prolly really help my car's response off the line as well. I should be sitting around 16.5 with my tuner now. That would prolly push the car in the mod to high 15s. Add a simple turbo and you could be lookin at 14s or even better.
nice...b4 gears i ran a [email protected]

with the gears now...i think i should run high 15's :cool:

i will be going to the track this coming saturday :)

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Yep, I currently run a [email protected] before my tuner. Hoping for atleast 16.5 next time I go to the track. My goal is 15s flat without heavy heavy mods. That will be 2.5s off the stock time it ran when I got it.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Awesome on the gears, but not to be a bummer, gears won't change the shift points of the transmission.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Awesome on the gears, but not to be a bummer, gears won't change the shift points of the transmission.
Hmm. Correct me if I am wrong, but gears make the car run at higher rpms through the mph range. So while its not technically chaning the shift points MPH wise, each shift will be at a higher RPM right?

I think thats what he ment. Example;

It still shifts from 1-2 at Xmph. However it was shifting at 4000rpm, now it shifts at 5000rpm.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Shift points are controlled by the governor and shift valves inside of the transmission. Gears would change at what MPH it would shift though. Just not RPM's.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Stock Upper and lower control arms?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
well IDK but it does shift a 5k now... dont know why :confused: lol

ill get it vid of it and post it up

Stock Upper and lower control arms?
yes, i plan on upgrading my suspension as soon as i get my turbo on....which will be out somtime next year

1 - 14 of 14 Posts