Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally made my decision to get dual exhaust. The system is divorced duals with thrush mufflers. Total cost was $330 for gt takeoffs, mufflers and installation, and i have to say, im pretty happy with the sound for the cost. Obviously not a big badass V8, but I still like it. Only thing that bugs me is the way the shop hung it near the bumper, they used these big rings that you can see from the back. Ill take pics and see if i cant get a video in the next 1/2 hour or so. (Its kinda windy right now so im not sure if the audio will turn out.) But yeah, now im like, hmm... what to do next? :eek:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heres the video, it was filmed n widescreen but uploaded in 4:3 so just ignore that. A couple of revs and then harder acceleration in 1st.

·
Registered
890 Posts
you should get a bullit look

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Holy crap thats quiet. Just wait until the mufflers wear in. But none the less sounds good. I have the same setup except my tail pipes turn down just before the bumper.

That reminds me... I need an exhaust leak free vid.

·
Registered
371 Posts
sounds nice I would I could get me a video of mine running I have true duels with cherry bombs(I didnt put them on previous owner did)

·
Registered
296 Posts
sounds nice I would I could get me a video of mine running I have true duels with cherry bombs(I didnt put them on previous owner did)
Cherry Bomb makes great stuff today with the new owners>"Extreme"&"Pro" mufflers on a v6 is nice.
The rings he noted may be the clamps they used. If you do not like it. ask them to take care of it for you. Sounds great, make sure your 100% happy with everything and don't let it be in the back of your mind. They should accommodate. Its like getting new wheels and tires and finding they put weights on the outside of the rims. Distracting.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I should be getting my dual exhaust shortly (assuming I have the cash). Whats the general thought on tips? Necessary?

Since its the v6 bumper they'd be coming out from under that, otherwise I guess i could just have them dump off below...

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Sounds great, you did well :D

@demon.. mine had an exhaust leak as well, getting it fixed Monday

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Sounds great, you did well :D

@demon.. mine had an exhaust leak as well, getting it fixed Monday
Don't get me started on exhaust leaks. In the year and 2 months I have had my car I have had a total of 6 different exhaust leaks... 99% of my problems with this car have been exhaust related so I guess I would rather that then to go through transmissions left and right.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the comments everybody! Though i feel i may have caught the mod bug now...

By the way, how long does it take the mufflers to break in?

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Got mine fixed, sounds a lot better, and I actually got to hear it drive around- outside of the car for once. Made me smile.

@mustang003- a couple weeks for me, didn't make a huge difference. It gets deeper. Go for a Cold Air Intake or Windstar if you want an even better tone. Should make you happy for a while :)

Im with you on the mod bug.

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
I sorta feel like my car consumes more gas AFTER I got my duals... Could it be because of a leak, other than the obvious sound it makes, what other ways can you tell that you have exhaust leaks? Help?!

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Put your car on jacks, start the car, and crawl under it. You will be able to tell if you have a leak.
I've heard seafoam works also.

Personally my car feels sluggish with both my header to midpipe flanges leaking. Gas mileage hasn't been noticeably worse, but I'm sure it doesn't help. With a leak your cars A/F ratio is probably gonna be off a bit.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Don't get me started on exhaust leaks. In the year and 2 months I have had my car I have had a total of 6 different exhaust leaks... 99% of my problems with this car have been exhaust related so I guess I would rather that then to go through transmissions left and right.
Lol, i have a pretty bad exhaust leak right now too. Im going to attempt to fix it tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts