Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After buying it and having it sit in my garage for almost 2 years I finally gathered the testicular fortitude to install my ProCharger P1SC. I worked on it for a few hours each night while my family slept. It took a few days working like that to get it in, but I was able to get everything in. I never did anything like this, much less alone, so it was sort of a PITA. It wasn't as bad as I was thinking it would be though. While I did this install I also added in a Moroso Oil Separator, Screamin' Demon, LiveWires, new plugs & I also Seafoamed the car prior to install. Next up I'll be ordering and installing an Auto Meter Boost/VAC gauge, Aeroforce Interceptor w/Fuel/Oil Pressure & WideBand AFR. The plan is to fit them in two of the Roush Vent Pods. Not that this is over that 8.8" rear w/4.10s that I bought around the same time is going to be going in sometime before spring. Suddenly it doesn't seem as daunting...

If anyone wants to pick up my JLT CAI and SCT Tuner I will be putting them up shortly. Thanks to all who helped me and answered my noobish questions! Below are some pics of the carnage!!

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
You had a procharger sitting in your garage for two years? :screwy:

About time you got the damn thing in.

:)

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Moar pics!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You had a procharger sitting in your garage for two years? :screwy:

About time you got the damn thing in.

:)
Yes, I agree. Acquiring the tools, space and testicular fortitude took some time :)

Nice work man, I got the same granite countertops in my house lol
Thanks. I don't envy you...those things are a bitch to keep clean lol

Moar pics!
It's too cold! Plus my wife was wanting me to spend some time away from the garage lol. Those will come for sure, so will a vid or two.

I'm pissed it took me this long to get it in, but on the other hand I'm glad I waited. It feels like a different car now. At WOT this thing moves! I can't wait to get the new rear and suspension parts on next month!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I suggest you keep your SCT tuner, as you may want to add more go-fast goodies that require a re-tune. It is kind of hard to find someone who will buy a CAI without a tuner, however.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bad News....

I had the chance to take a few rides since I finished my install last week. I was giving it the final 'real' inspection when I noticed that the rubber elbow coming up from the bottom on the driver side had gotten slightly shredded by one of my pulleys. So now it's obvious to me I have a leak. I found the part# ATR48I-090 HERE.

My main question is it ok to drive it like this until next weekend? That elbow and pipe gave me serious issues during the install. I thought I had it where there was some space, but it must have gotten too close. During my first startup I made sure it was ok & it was, so I'm guessing vibrations made it shift a little. I have a co-worker whose brother has a lift and is a mechanic, so I figured I would buy the elbow and head up there next weekend to get it correct. I won't have my boost gauge installed until later this week, so I don't know how bad it really is, but from what I can see its only slightly chewed up no one side.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went back out to the garage and took a closer look.....

I checked it after I started it up the first time and there was no rub. I went for short trips to the store a twice and checked it, but I didn't see anything. I'm just glad I caught it when I did. The elbow has about a 1.5" tear and its partially resting on the belt. Has anyone else had an issue running a pipe/elbow thru there? There's not much room. Should I take off the front sway to route it easier? It's super tight down there...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks like my blower isn't angled down like the other installation pics I saw.

This is Mine

VS
Every other install image...

If mine was angled down like the other pic is would make fitting that pipe and elbow MUCH easier. I wonder if I got sent the wrong mounting bracket...I emailed ProCharger support some pics so they will be able to see what I mean when I call tomorrow....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the support guys. I rotated the inlet/outlet and its much better now. I have no clearance issues & I was even able to reuse the ripped elbow! I had enough room to clamp down after the rip and I'm good to go!

I didn't want to wait for ATI because while it was a new install I bought it back in 2010. Not to mention i may have had to ship it back to them and its not a light piece. It looked simple enough for me to do and it turns out it was really simple to fix. I just wish I did that in the beginning. I also found the oil drain plug....holy crap that's going to be a PITA to do. I wish it had an attached tube like the Vortech...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts